Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Players to have in your Franchise

Options
  • 18-05-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Was listening to around the NFL podcast this morning and they were discussing the top 100 and it kinda came around to the 5 players you would pick that you would build you franchise around...
    Chris Wessling went -

Aaron Rodgers
    Odell Beckham Junior
    JJ Watt
    Adrian Peterson
    Rob Gronkowski

It got me thinking and thought it would be cool to see other peoples ideas

I would go with

Aaron Rodgers
    Dez Bryant
    Jamaal Charles
    JJ Watt
    Richard Sherman - hate sherman but his skills are evident

Think you could have some Franchise with them - oh and i know the cap wouldnt allow you to do this but just for discussion sake!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Andrew Luck
    Tyron Smith
    Odell Beckham
    JJ Watt
    Ndamukong Suh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Russell Wilson
    Marshawn Lynch
    Jimmy Graham
    Richard Sherman
    Kam Chancellor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

JJ Watt
    Antonio Brown
    Sherman
    Andrew Luck
    Tyron Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I would go with

Andrew Luck
    Tyron Smith
    Dez Bryant
    Odell Beckham
    Luke Kuechley

In todays NFL it is all about offense and passing so it's a no brainer to put together the best passing attack in football. Luck just gets the nod over ARod due to his age.

Kuechley is my token defender to hopefully get the rest of the scrubs on that side of the ball lined up properly.

Very surprised to see a few people taking RB's. Who ever is RB on my team will not be facing many 8 man fronts so should have an easy time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Aaron Rogers
    Rob Gronkowski
    Richard Sherman
    JJ Watt
    Eddie Lacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Firstly, have to agree with OP in picking Charles over Peterson. I think Charles is criminally underrated, even though he's regarded as a top 5 back. Probably that Kansas City effect :pac:

However, I'm gonna put a token defender in instead of Charles, and we have the following:

Aaron Rodgers
    JJ Watt
    Odell Beckham Jnr (should probably go Bryant, but I'm biased)
    Tyron Smith (can you believe this monster is only 24?!)
    Earl Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

andrew luck
    tyron smith
    gronk
    jj watt
    richard sherman

age plays a big part in my selections on offense if age was not a factor i would go rogers and jason peters instead of luck and smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'd instantly rule out any players with character and/or injury concerns who don't play in a position of high importance. Age is also a factor, I wouldn't pick anyone over 26/27. That to me rules out Rodgers, Gronk, Peterson, Charles, Lacy, Kuechly, Bryant, Lynch etc.

I'd go with:

Tyron Smith (24)
    Andrew Luck (25)
    Richard Sherman (27)
    Earl Thomas (26)
    JJ Watt (26)

With reservations about Earl Thomas given his current injury.

Strong consideration given to Travis Frederick (24, straight into my list of 5 if Thomas' injury is worse. Very tempting to have him in front of Luck for the next 10 years), Aaron Donald (23, not enough experience to fully judge), Sheldon Richardson (24, chose between him and Watt, prefer Watt despite the age difference), Odell Beckham (22, not enough experience, WR way lower down my list of priorities), Muhammad Wilkerson (25, similar reasoning to his team mate Richardson).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Andrew Luck
    JJ Watt
    Le Veon Bell
    Aaron Donald
    Richard Sherman

I went for age too. Luck is probably only 4th or 5th QB in the league, but he is the best young QB. No problem building a franchise around him.
    JJ Watt annoys me as he is so popular, but he has it all. Glamour, youth, skill and durability.
    Bell was a beast this season, he could actually be a decent receiver, too. As an all purpose back he is behind Jamaal Charles, but he is 5 years younger, so he gets the nod.
    Aaron Donald was a key reason the Rams had such a good year on D, in such a tough division. He has great explosiveness, and tackles like this mean it is very tough for a team to get a foothold on the game. And he is nice and young, so I go for him ahead of players who have achieved more so far.
    And Sherman is very dominant. Not just because of his ability, but because you can put him on the best receiver and automatically the QB is going elsewhere. He is a game changer by just lining up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

1. JJ Watt - Simply the best defensive player in the league.
    2. Andrew Luck - Quality QB and has age on his side.
    3. Antonio Brown - Young and the most productive WR in the league imo, have kick returns covered here too.
    4. Tyron Smith - Gotta protect Luck and give him somebody who should last most of his career. Smith also is a huge help in the running game.
    5. Rob Gronskowski - Best TE in the league by a million miles and just adds too much to a team to leave out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement