Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Tesco Mobile 'Not in Service'

Options
  • 31-03-2015 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Anyone else experiencing problems with Tesco Mobile regarding incoming calls. Some of the calls being made to my mobile cant get through only receiving an automatic message that the number dialled is 'Not in Service' Although the same caller can sent a text and I can call and text them !!!

Contacted Tesco who advised resetting my voice mail settings but made no difference.

Any suggestions ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Mutly wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing problems with Tesco Mobile regarding incoming calls. Some of the calls being made to my mobile cant get through only receiving an automatic message that the number dialled is 'Not in Service' Although the same caller can sent a text and I can call and text them !!!

Contacted Tesco who advised resetting my voice mail settings but made no difference.

Any suggestions ??

Sounds inconceivable!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutly

Yes its really odd. Wouldn't have believed it either only my neighbour brought over his phone and I dialled my number using his handset with my mobile on the table beside me and heard the message 'Not in Service' myself. My phone didn't ring or record a missed call. I than texted myself using his phone and it went straight through. Than I tried calling his phone from mine and there was no problem.

Maybe its something to do with the different networks my neighbour is vodaphone ??

Heavens only knows how many other calls I have missed because of this problem.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

Moved from Trying to conceive to mobiles.

??

LOL beep Beep 67

Only getting the very witty comment now. Had no idea the thread was posted in the wrong section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Happens my mam's phone all the time and she is tesco mobile. She can ring and text me but I cant ring and text her, its an odd one.

It sure is. Tesco Looking into it again. Say its now something to do with Routeing ???

Wont hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

This happens quite often if you've recently ported your number to new network, where maybe one operator doesn't notice your number has moved and still routes calls to your previous network.

Vodafone are the worst offender for this, but Tesco should be able to sort it out for you.

Aahhh that makes sense. Have checked my logs and cant find any 087 calls coming in but have some 087 texts since joining Tesco last December ???.

Hopefully Tesco will sort this out ASAP.

Advertisement