Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aaron Hernandez Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Text messages read out from Hernandez to a friend. It's getting worse the more is revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Holy **** this is ****ing mad.

Well worth watching or reading a transcript.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Never mind the fact that this has never happened to a Pats player before. But here we have a guy is being linked to the murder of a friend, blatantly destroys CCTV evidence and hands a smashed phone over to the cops. Nope, that's never happened before.

Throw in the fact that he put up such a good act last summer and sold it to all us fans. He had Robert Kraft gushing about him, when he walks into Kraft's office all tearful after signing his new contract and hands over a $50,000 cheque to Robert for his MHK's charitabkle foundation.

He then gives an amzing prsee conference about how he's a changed man, a new dad, the Pats saved him. Declares his love for Belichick and Kraft. How he owed so much to the team and how he would give everything to repay the trust and faith shown in him.

Yip, 31 years folllowing the NFL and I have never seen anything like it. I have never seen such a set of circumstance or a betrayal like this ever occurring before.

I'd have thought the Ray Lewis case would have been very similar to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He has a baby daughter too. It's going to be awful for her growing up with all of this.

http://nesn.com/2012/11/aaron-hernandez-says-baby-daughter-changed-my-life-knows-he-cant-be-reckless-anymore/

He refers to her as "life changing" and says he knows he "can't be reckless any more"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'd have thought the Ray Lewis case would have been very similar to this.

Sorry you are wrong, the circumstance and events surrounding the Ray Lewis case bear no resembelance for me to what I'm witnessing right now.

Sorry you are wrong, the circumstance and events surrounding the Ray Lewis case bear no resembelance for me to what I'm witnessing right now.

Ever arrest is unprecedented in all of the nfl, because every case will have slight differences.

View of Hernandez in court literally a minute ago.

The evidence really doesn't look good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Yip, 31 years folllowing the NFL and I have never seen anything like it. I have never seen such a set of circumstance or a betrayal like this ever occurring before.

Not a fan as long as you have been, but I do agree with you. This past week has been shocking and crazy.
    Ever arrest is unprecedented in all of the nfl, because every case will have slight differences.

Unsurprising response. Sorry bud, I also have never seen anything like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any source for a live transcript of what's being said in court please?

He needs to stop looking left and right and behind himself, it makes him look like he is isnt interested, which he damn well should be.

And yes the detail of evidence been read out doesn't sound good at all.

mongoman wrote: »
    Unsurprising response. Sorry bud, I also have never seen anything like it.

Same with lots of arrests in the nfl. Every year we have something unprecedented.

Reports now that Hernandez's own surveillance tapes, show him walking around the house with a gun after the time of the murder. It just gets crazier and more unprecedented by the minute.

His attorney is earning his money now.

No bail.

• Advertisement

Without bail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

They have tracked each step he made that night. Crazy what kind of surveillance the police have.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    They have tracked each step he made that night. Crazy what kind of surveillance the police have.

It helps when the guy's own surveillance system has him walking around his house with a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

Reports now that Hernandez's own surveillance tapes, show him walking around the house with a gun after the time of the murder. It just gets crazier and more unprecedented by the minute.

Amen brother, my head is literally spinning with all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What have I missed? I thought he destroyed the cctv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Thanks for the reporting lads, I'm sitting here in work refreshing the page every two minutes like a lunatic trying to keep up with what's going on. Keep us posted, Boards is one of the few unblocked websites in the office so this is my only source of info at the moment!

In court they said about six hours after the incident took place is missing. And I know a defence attorney has to defend his client but describing the case against Hernandez as weak is taking the piss.

Easier said than done in this day and age. Plus they're obviously not that bright or weren't thinking straight that night.

Curious for more details on the motive. All that was said was the AH thought lloyd "couldn't be trusted"

Very little mention of the other two guys. Seems like there's still a chance he didn't pull the trigger.

He did, but it is very likely that police IT experts were able to recover lost data from the CCTV system hard drive.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Easier said than done in this day and age. There obviously not that bright or weren't thinking straight that night.

Curious for more details on the motive. All that was said was the AH thought lloyd "couldn't be trusted"

Very little mention of the other two guys. Seems like there's still a chance he didn't pull the trigger.

Well ya innocent until proven guilty but its not looking great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    In court they said about six hours after the incident took place is missing. And I know a defence attorney has to defend his client but describing the case against Hernandez as weak is taking the piss.

Seems weird, Hernandez and his lawyer should've known well this was coming, and realistically had at least a week to prepare something. Do you think he's throwing in the towel or what'll he plead? From what I've read so far, in the past hour's worth of evidence it seems like he hasn't a leg to stand on.

Well ya innocent until proven guilty but its not looking great.

He can not have pulled the trigger and still be guilty. I'm guess just curious to see what part he played exactly.

Don't think it was mentioned itt but there's around 5 other charges related to possession of firearms.

Gweedling wrote: »
    Seems weird, Hernandez and his lawyer should've known well this was coming,.

Going on what's now coming out, I'm surprised he didn't do a runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The motive seems to be Lloyd was talking to someone Hernandez deemed untrustworthy while they were at the club.

So petty if true.

Don't think it was mentioned itt but there's around 5 other charges related to possession of firearms.

That's right, I only got 2 of those 5 charges though..

1) Unlawful possession of a firearm.
    2) Possession of a large capacity firearm.
    3) ?
    4) ?
    5) ?

• Advertisement

He can not have pulled the trigger and still be guilty. I'm guess just curious to see what part he played exactly.

If he didn't pull the trigger he wouldn't have been charged with first degree murder surely ?

Keno 92 wrote: »
    The motive seems to be Lloyd was talking to someone Hernandez deemed untrustworthy while they were at the club.

So petty if true.

Jesus Christ wouldn't that be ironic if it is true?

Guy doesn't like who his buddy is hanging out with......decides to murder him because of it.

If he didn't pull the trigger he wouldn't have been charged with first degree murder surely ?

Like you said innocent until proven guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I can't understand why so many succeed nfl athletes accosiate with people from their childhood that 1. Get them in legal trouble 2. More then likely are looking for handouts

and btw I'm fairly sure that in this jurisdiction an accomplice is seen as equally guilty as the person who committed the actual crime and can be charged with the same crime. Assumming this is true in other common law jurisdictions as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

When I first heard the reports I felt (hoped) that he was simply a by-stander wrong place/wrong time as he came across as a nice kid from what I have seen.

Honest to god you would think that they would learn from so many who have goe before. I feel the Pats would only have released him if they know what's coming down the line. For so many lives to be ruined by a petty incident (if true) is tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I have to disagree with the sentiment that this is something unprecedented, it's just the latest in a very long line of crimes and abuses by pro athletes.

The societal backgrounds of a lot of athletes in America (in particular, but obviously not exclusively) has always meant a higher likelihood of incidents. This is just at the top end of a very well established scale.

Still an incredibly shocking story, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I feel the Pats would only have released him if they know what's coming down the line.

Ross Tucker was discussing that on his podcast.

All teams employ security guys to manage players and other work like researching draft picks.

These guys are usually retired police officers and will have lots of contacts. The Pats used that information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

At least with Hernandez being denied bail Wes Welker should finally get good night's sleep tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A nice summary if you'e just logging on and don't want to read through loads of pages

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22536196/prosecution-details-what-allegedly-happened-night-odin-lloyd-died

Syferus wrote: »
    I have to disagree with the sentiment that this is something unprecedented, it's just the latest in a very long line of crimes and abuses by pro athletes.

Criminalty does, has and will always occur amongst athletes. But I have never seen anything as shocking as this in the NFL before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

A nice summary if you'e just logging on and don't want to read through loads of pages

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22536196/prosecution-details-what-allegedly-happened-night-odin-lloyd-died
    He's fúcked, if that info is legit.

Shocking.

Criminalty does, has and will always occur amongst athletes. But I have never seen anything as shocking as this in the NFL before.

OJ's case was more shocking, if I'm being honest. It happened after his NFL career was over but that's neither here nor there and he was certainly a big star when it happened.

OJ's case was more shocking, if I'm being honest. It happened after his NFL career was over but that's neither here nor there

Sorry there's no comparison. O.J. simpson was out of football and retired for 15 years when his drama unfolded.

Sorry there's no comparison. O.J. simpson was out of football and retired for 15 years when his drama unfolded.

That changes absolutely nothing. The only difference is a team takes a hit too, nothing more.

• Advertisement

How was the Ray Lewis case not as shocking? Because he wasn't friends with the person killed in that incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Where are the other 2 guys? Any one of them could have pulled the trigger? All guilty as each other but its weird that there is no word on the other two and Hernandez is getting tried alone.

I can only presume they have struck a deal.

That changes absolutely nothing. The only difference is a team takes a hit too, nothing more.

Don't be ridiculous, how can you compare them. One guy was gone from the league for 15 years. The other is an active player, a rising star. And a player that was to be a core part of a teams offense for many years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Fair play to the Pats tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Just read that cbs article. Again if true he is pretty screwed...if charged and convicted of murder its life without parole in mass. I thought the photo of him being arrested was weird. Answered the door without his shirt on and prob refused to put one on as he badass so they pulled one over his head while cuffed...Punk. Talk anout pi$$in it all away

• Advertisement
Advertisement