Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Knocks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

That title! :P

Brilliant.

This year?

Not sure deal is beig rushed through so you would think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Not sure deal is beig rushed through so you would think so

Just that I'll be working in nd this year, hopefully going to a couple of games, would be cool to have the show to feel a bit more engaged with it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kevin Johnson's sister. Sweet Jesus. :eek:

J.J. Watt is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

JJ Watt might be the most annoying man to ever appear on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's clear that Vince is probably the only guy with enough personality to take up significant screen time off the field.

On the field, just follow Watt, everything he does is better than guessing which receiver will suck less...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

Morrison J wrote: »

I know. I hate extremely driven people too. They make me feel lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

JJ Watt good.

Everything else. Bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

How did the scrap with the Redskins look like? I presume only Houston's players were miked so it'll only their side given.

• Advertisement

I know. I hate extremely driven people too. They make me feel lazy.

Think lifting tyres while singing 'Remember the Name' might be overdoing the tough guy cliché just a tad.

How did the scrap with the Redskins look like? I presume only Houston's players were miked so it'll only their side given.

Nothing special really. Just a whole lot of pushing for the most part.

Garcon calling Watt a ***boy was a highlight though.

Think they generally made out the Redskins to be the bad guys really as you'd expect. Made Hall and Scherff in particular look like trash in the drills.

Think lifting tyres while singing 'Remember the Name' might be overdoing the tough guy cliché just a tad.

If someone is flipping a 1,000 lbs tyre, they can sing with they like. Only getting admiration from me.

If someone is flipping a 1,000 lbs tyre, they can sing with they like. Only getting admiration from me.

Each to their own so.

Love Watt as a player but can't see this show doing much for his status as a person if they keep treating him like some God with him playing up to it. He's getting fairly lambasted for it on Twitter this morning too.

So is HK 2015 basically the 'JJ Watt Show'?

Lambasted on Twitter - ****

• Advertisement

So is HK 2015 basically the 'JJ Watt Show'?

So far anyway.

JJ Watt in the gym lifting tyres, JJ Watt leading the huddle, JJ Watt staying back after practice to train on his own under the lights, JJ Watt signing like a thousand autographs, JJ Watt destroying the Skins O-Line, JJ Watt in a verbal attack with Garcon.

All of that and more in the first episode alone.

Will get a bit tiresome I'd say unless they change it up. Foster being out loses them the no.2 star though. At least Wilfork has some personality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are Channel 4 showing it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone have any fresh links to it or point me in the direction of someone's cousin who would?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dcunit

project freetv. so/ hard-knocks-season-10-episode-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Never Wrong

Any links that you don't have to register for? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dcunit

vodlocker . com/j6ef21j1lrh2

Just remove the spaces

Nice one, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I enjoyed it, although they do seem a bit light on characters. Bill O'Brien and Mike Vrabel seem quite colourful though. I love it for the cinematography though, they make watering grass look like the coolest thing ever!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The solo night workout was ridiculous. The man loves the attention so much its nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I thought it was better than any episode of the Falcons series and we haven't touched on Clowney or the QBs too much.

Pulling JJ off for the season will get bashed on twitter and they'll change that as the season goes on.

Gotta like BO'B

I think Vince Wilfork was the star of the show, the basketball scene was awesome. Everything from him being a 350lber draining 3's to his grey t-shirt starting off light grey at the start ending up as dark grey to tossing the football to an elephant...awesome

I think the only time we saw the real JJ Watt and not the cool/awesome guy persona he tries so hard to portray was when the strength coach was ripping the piss out of him and he didn't know how to respond and came back awkwardly with a bitchy comment about special teams.

Fantastic player so i get why people like him but to me, he's insufferable. TBH i have a feeling HBO are just trolling him in this series wondering how much weird crap can we get JJ Watt to do if we give him attention, from the rapping scene to the midnight solo training session catching footballs one handed for no reason...i wonder what crazy awesome antics the cool JJ Watt will get upto next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Hazys wrote: »
    The solo night workout was ridiculous. The man loves the attention so much its nauseating.

i read somewhere that there was other Texans out there doing extra workouts too, the cameras just chose to focus on Watt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Never watched this before, and tried Ep 1 of the Bengals year. Bit slow moving and nothing amazing. Have I picked a bad one to start with, or should I just watch a few more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Trojan wrote: »
    Never watched this before, and tried Ep 1 of the Bengals year. Bit slow moving and nothing amazing. Have I picked a bad one to start with, or should I just watch a few more?

I've only seen the Bengals and the Falcons. The Bengals was infinitely better.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    catching footballs one handed for no reason

It is a fairly standard part of training for a football player who has to catch the football.

It is a fairly standard part of training for a football player who has to catch the football.

He's a defender though. He was just showing off tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's on Sky Sports 1 at 11:30pm for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

It's on GamePass now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭tripperman

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's on Sky Sports 1 at 11:30pm for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Was that schedule changed all I could see was Andy moaning Murray on it last night at that time

tripperman wrote: »
    Was that schedule changed all I could see was Andy moaning Murray on it last night at that time

Ah bugger. I'd the DVR set to record it last night and watch it when I get home today. So there goes that plan.

He's a defender though. He was just showing off tbf

He caught several TD passes as an extra goalline TE last year, I'd expect the same from him again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I enjoyed the bengals one more than the falcons tbh! At least you had entertaining coaches like Hue Jackson, Jay Gruden & Mike Zimmer who come across much better than any coach at Falcons!

tripperman wrote: »

Sky apologised on Twitter for the tennis running on too long.

It's on again tonight at midnight, SS1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

It's now on GamePass... First ep

The Watt post training Montage is a bit manufactured...
    Great show though no matter what people say

Now here is an annoying meathead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx4Z22pKakI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

BKWDR wrote: »
    It's now on GamePass... First ep

The Watt post training Montage is a bit manufactured...
    Great show though no matter what people say

In terms of behind the scenes access it is certainly one of the most entertaining sports documentaries going.

However, it can get tiresome when they focus on the same people over and over again.

I hope they start focusing more on the QB competition this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

infacteh wrote: »
    Sky apologised on Twitter for the tennis running on too long.

It's on again tonight at midnight, SS1

Missed both the show and repeat, any ideas of a repeat, or would it be on Sky Go?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i just thought that whole montage with Watt staying back after training was a bit much.... he is awesome and a beast... but there is loads of other storylines we want to see out of the texans! Should have been more about foster.... like Hopkins but they should be saying who is coming behind him - and now who is replacing foster.... and also the obvious qb battle going on!

Think its hilarious that you just see clowneys head appearing in random places - almost looks like a photobomb at some points!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Always thought Cushing was a dickhead, I remember when he was micd up the time he took his helmet off and got his nose split open, thinking, this guy is a massive tool.

• Advertisement

He resembles Bill Romanowski with the short hair.

What an ass!

Basically the backup RB stuffed him twice in a row against a non-moving QB inflatable and when reps were over, he "called him out" for one last chance, beats him and parades around like he dominated him

Missed both the show and repeat, any ideas of a repeat, or would it be on Sky Go?

On Demand, Gamepass, or Bit torrent. If you record next weeks episode, it will series link, and it might pick up some repeats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Anyone know what day of the week Gamepass puts up most recent episode? I've watched episode 1 but not sure what day it was put up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement