Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Knocks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Paully D wrote: »
    Steven Jackson seems like a class act. That speech with the RB group was great to see.

His art didn't look too bad either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Steven Jackson seems like a class act.

This video is during his time during the Rams. Mostly about training and recovering during the season

[/QUOTE]

It's a few years old but a class act indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hard Knocks is like pizza or sex, even when it's bad it's better than not having it. This was pretty much Domino's though. I would have liked to hear more from Mike Tice who seemed pretty funny, and also maybe more from the rookie no.45, forget his name, who got into the fight at the start of the episode and took about four punches. Maybe they'll follow him more later in the series. But it never really got going. Kroy Biermann's wife seems like a complete pain in the hoop and with some luck we won't be hearing from her again, but something tells me that's not how she rolls. Any chance the Falcons might sign Chad Johnson?

But yeah, as with most things in life, you'll take anything when you've had a dry period...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭boccy23

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Get it while it's hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDop-yDtuUw

Jacquizz Rodgers looks to be an early frontrunner for MVP of the show.
    And how about, Creepy Matt Ryan "I like your eh, pink wristband" :pac:

Dam YouTube version never lasts long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Hard Knocks is like pizza or sex, even when it's bad it's better than not having it. This was pretty much Domino's though. I would have liked to hear more from Mike Tice who seemed pretty funny, and also maybe more from the rookie no.45, forget his name, who got into the fight at the start of the episode and took about four punches. Maybe they'll follow him more later in the series. But it never really got going. Kroy Biermann's wife seems like a complete pain in the hoop and with some luck we won't be hearing from her again, but something tells me that's not how she rolls. Any chance the Falcons might sign Chad Johnson?

But yeah, as with most things in life, you'll take anything when you've had a dry period...

Arthur Blank didn't think so when he was forcing his awful joke upon him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

boccy23 wrote: »
    No. Broadcast rights aren't sorted yet.

Good... totally forgot about it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This years hard knocks is now up on gamepass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Itssoeasy wrote: »

And last years too...

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Brilliant... has it appeared on Ch 4 as yet? just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭youngco87

Roddy White is the man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Anyone have a link for episode 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Steven Jackson seems like a class act. That speech with the RB group was great to see.

Just caught the episode, it was an excellent speech for the young guys alright. A wise sage helping his brothers and sharing the knowledge. Always good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very poor episode this week. IMO, it was one of the poorer episodes I've seen of Hard Knocks. Virtually nothing of note going on and Mike Smith has the charisma of a sock.

Gamepass will add most recent episode on a Friday is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

"Don't get in fights, you will be thrown out for fighting"

2 hours later

"Fights can be good, stand up for yourself"

How is he meant to gain the players respect with shít like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Very poor episode this week. IMO, it was one of the poorer episodes I've seen of Hard Knocks. Virtually nothing of note going on and Mike Smith has the charisma of a sock.

Yeah that was my thought as well, that it was about the worst episode of Hard Knocks I've seen. Nothing of note up until the game (which they still do well).

I wondered are they restricting the cameras more this year or something, because the training ground stuff was really dull (not to mention aquarium visits, zip lines, and mountain biking with Lance Armstrong).

I like Mike Smith though, tough guy but comes across as genuine. None of the other coaching staff are that interesting, which is a pity because they usually have one or two good characters.

Matt Ryan seems very plastic. Just me, or did it seem awkward when he came into the wide-receivers meeting?

I find the 2nd-round draft pick Rashede Hageman interesting to follow, looking like a bust the first week, then nearly breaks his hand this week, but had a good game. Seems like he could go either way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I thought it was a decent episode, it's what you get really.

The last 2 years at least were pretty much the same in the sense of not a whole lot happening so nothing different about this show.

I found it really interesting. The D-line coach was pretty cool. I liked Roddy White too.

That Aquarium looked class too, imagine just rocking up and swimming with Whale sharks and Manta Rays. In 5 years Scuba diving I've seen precisely zero Manta rays and one Whale Shark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭padraig_f

DDC1990 wrote: »
    "Don't get in fights, you will be thrown out for fighting"

2 hours later

"Fights can be good, stand up for yourself"

How is he meant to gain the players respect with shít like that.

My take on that was, the 2nd one was referring to when another team started the fight, and Mike Smith is more in the latter camp anyway, but they'd agreed with the Titans to stamp down on it for the joint practice.

The other day a fight broke out at a Raiders-Cowboys practice, and a fan got involved, which is probably gonna prompt the NFL to take some action, so it's a sensitive subject right now...

Watch the Raiders and Cowboys get into a dumb practice fight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Episode 2 up on gamepass now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Two crap episodes, has really lost its way now and turned into reality tv tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

drumm23 wrote: »
    Two crap episodes, has really lost its way now and turned into reality tv tripe.

Yeah not much happening this season. Even the characters they're focusing on (that blond haired fella with the stupid hat for example) are quite boring.

Roddy White messing with the CB is the only remotely interesting thing and calling that interesting is stretching it a bit.

With all the focus on Roddy White you'd forget Julio Jones is on the Falcons. They have some receiving corps (Even with Gonzalez retired) and a great QB, pity the head coach seems awful.

I agree about this season. They're forcing everything. At least last year they had that mad positions coach giving out to everyone and James Harrison avoiding the cameras.

I thought episode 2 was poor too. There doesn't seem to be any characters in this team apart from Roddy. Ryan is v wooden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Anyone got a link for last night's episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

infacteh wrote: »
    Anyone got a link for last night's episode?

Bump. Anyone? Had this sh1t last year but not until the last ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

It should be up on HBO Go tonight, I'd guess links on other sites will follow that. I guess tomorrow for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

i have gamepass but cant find this on it, anyone know if it is on gamepass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

jester1980 wrote: »
    i have gamepass but cant find this on it, anyone know if it is on gamepass.

It's there alright. Go into 'NFL Network' and it's the third one down in the archive section

Advertisement