Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Knocks

Options
  • 18-06-2013 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Does anyone watch this program? My bengals will be on it again, but I missed it the first time. Is it worth watching if you are a fan of the team that is being displayed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I do, and so do a lot on this forum. I can't wait!

It's back August 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

deadeye940 wrote: »
    Does anyone watch this program? My bengals will be on it again, but I missed it the first time. Is it worth watching if you are a fan of the team that is being displayed?

Definitely go back and watch the 2009 Bengals one. It's worth it just for Chad Johnson. The other seasons are good too, especially 2010 with the Jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,142 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I do, and so do a lot on this forum. I can't wait!

It's back August 6th.

Have they announced who it is going to be? I figured it wouldn't go ahead anymore as the teams don't like it, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Have they announced who it is going to be? I figured it wouldn't go ahead anymore as the teams don't like it, at all.

It's the Bengals again. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000212673/article/cincinnati-bengals-again-will-headline-hard-knocks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Definitely go back and watch the 2009 Bengals one. It's worth it just for Chad Johnson. The other seasons are good too, especially 2010 with the Jets.

Poor Chad just got out of Jail for contempt of court from spanking an attorneys ass in front of the judge, I hope he gets a team this year.
    A contrite Chad Johnson apologized Monday for disrespecting a judge when the former NFL star slapped his attorney on the backside in court last week and was released from jail after only a week instead of 30 days.

Source: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23481429/chad-johnson-is-released-from-jail-after-apologizing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

The Jets one really is fantastic. The Bengals one would be 2nd best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

NFL. com ran this feature recently. It's some of the best highlights from past Hard Knocks series'. It shows the different storylines the show can focus on, from humorous to more serious like the Vontae Davis trade. I found the Shannon Sharpe impersonation hilarious. And as for Cromartie...busy man ;)http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209399/article/hard-knocks-revisited-best-of-nfls-summer-drama

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Last year the Dolphins was my first time watching it and I absolutely loved it, have since seen all of them twice, they are all excellent in their own ways and 100% watching even if you're not a fan of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Remind me.. is this on NFL Network only or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Remind me.. is this on NFL Network only or?

It's HBO, nobody usually picks it up over here though but have a search on the internet when the time comes and who knows what you might find.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The Jets one really is fantastic.

"Now let's go eat a goddamn snack!"

Great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It's HBO, nobody usually picks it up over here though but have a search on the internet when the time comes and who knows what you might find.

NFL Network are showing repeats of it now. So when the recently announced Bengals stuff starts in 2013 that'll be on HBO only?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Leslie91 wrote: »
    NFL Network are showing repeats of it now. So when the recently announced Bengals stuff starts in 2013 that'll be on HBO only?

AFAIK the new season will be on HBO first yes, I'm not sure how long it is until NFL Network show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hard Knocks starts back on Tuesday at 10pm in America, so it'll be available for us to watch in the usual places online on Wednesday morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I thought Philbin was a terrible man manager.

The meeting to cut Johnson was way too long and off the point.

And he told Matt Moore he would not be starter but could not say why. Almost as if he didn't know himself. If you want someobody to improve you need some stats and examples so they can leave with a goal.

Still they finished a decent 7-9 so what do I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Seems only the Dolphins shows are up on youtube. Would love to see the Jets ones.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Seems only the Dolphins shows are up on youtube. Would love to see the Jets ones.

They were up for a while, I watched them, must have been taken down though. Keep an eye out, someone might put em up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

SHOVELLER wrote: »

The KC and the previous Bengals one are also on YouTube but your right the Jets one not there but here is Rex which is really always the best bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I thought Philbin was a terrible man manager.

The meeting to cut Johnson was way too long and off the point.

And he told Matt Moore he would not be starter but could not say why. Almost as if he didn't know himself. If you want someobody to improve you need some stats and examples so they can leave with a goal.

Still they finished a decent 7-9 so what do I know

Yeah me too, I thought they were going to be a disaster watching the series last year, but was proved wrong (a bit unlucky to win only 7 games too, lost a couple of close ones). In hindsight, I think he was just a bit uncomfortable on camera. He loosened up a bit in the later episodes.

You have to say the decision to go with Tannehill was probably the right one, and a gutsy call, because Moore was probably the safer choice at the time. And I guess he didn't offend Matt Moore too much, because he re-signed with them this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Project free tv has links to all of the seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jets was my favourite season as well, Rex was gas. Pumped for the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Jets was brilliant but I think Bengals was fantastic, Marvin Lewis is just incredible and the amount of quality in that training camp was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just watched the Bengels episodes too...class!

There is a Miami episode and who else?

BKWDR wrote: »

Chiefs and the Jets as well.

Chiefs and the Jets as well.

Must put them in my must watch list! Its a very good insight into camp / training

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BKWDR wrote: »

Ravens (2001)
    Cowboys (2002)
    Chiefs (2007)
    Cowboys (2008)
    Bengals (2009)
    Jets (2010)
    Dolphins (2012)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Searched for a link all morning. Nothing!

Mad to see it!

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Searched for a link all morning. Nothing!

Mad to see it!

The Bengels one is on youtube, there are 5 50 min long episodes, watch the first and the second will be in the related tab, haven't looked for the other teams ones yet, if i disapear into the laptop again tonight il be divorced...

Advertisement