Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing alarm code

Options
  • 31-05-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,

Just got a hkc quantum 70 installed. I'm looking to change the alarm code as I gave the installer the wrong number. Anyone know how to change it to the one that ill remember.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Enter your existing code,
    Press next until you get to Manager Menu and press yes,
    Press next until you get to User Codes and press yes
    You can download the manual here.
    http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/main/Downloads.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bambis girl

Thanks for replying but when I type the existing code it just sets the alarm??There is no menu

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It sounds like your inst
    Àaller has not set up your code with the correct permissions. Ask him to come back and do this for you. These are standard setting, you should not be charged for this.

I'll do that, thanks a mil for your help, much appreciated.

No problem, let me know how you get on. It bugs me some installers not setting up the most basic user rights.

• Advertisement

All sorted, came back no problem. Have full rights to the main menu and can reset it myself. Thanks a mil:D

Your welcome. If you need anything else you know where we are.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jimmyf27

Hi All,

Have recently bought a house and having the same issue(when entering alarm code it just sets the alarm, does not give any other options)
    Called the guy who installed the alarm who was asking for 50 euro call out charge to change the alarm code so we said we would leave it as is.

Any idea's or other ways for changing this code?

Cheers!

What make of system is it?
    Do you have the company name of who originally installed it?

€50 call out charge is very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

jimmyf27 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Have recently bought a house and having the same issue(when entering alarm code it just sets the alarm, does not give any other options)
    Called the guy who installed the alarm who was asking for 50 euro call out charge to change the alarm code so we said we would leave it as is.

Any idea's or other ways for changing this code?

Cheers!

Other than doing a default (if not engineer locked)
    You could set up the system again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jimmyf27

The alarm system is a hkc quantum 70. Downloaded the manual online but as I mentioned earlier is when we enter the code it only sets the alarm, does not provide other options.
    Gibbons alarms was the installer and its them who are quoting 50 euro.
    I would of thought it as a simple process of entering certain codes.

Looks like this is how it was initially installed without the User rights.

Thanks for the replies

Advertisement