Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aaron Hernandez Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

He will spend the rest of his life in Mci Norfolk which is less than 5 miles from Gillette stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

He will spend the rest of his life in Mci Norfolk which is less than 5 miles from Gillette stadium.

Once the home of Malcolm x.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Google'd Mci Norfolk: http://www.mass.gov/eopss/law-enforce-and-cj/prisons/doc-facilities/mci-norfolk.html

First thing in bold about the prison:
    The Massachusetts Department of Correction has zero tolerance toward all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment and is committed to preventing, detecting, and responding to such conduct. The Department shall embrace the standards set forth by the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission and the American Correction Association for all state correctional jurisdictions.

Going from NFL Millionaire Superstar to spending the rest of your life locked in a place where male rape is rampant in 2 years...what a fcuking idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hazys wrote: »
    Not that weird at all, pretty common place unfortunately.

Only in the past 10 days, we've had Darren Sharper convicted of being a serial rapist, Hernandez convicted of murder and Lawrence Phillips accused of murdering his cell mate.

The Phillips case tends to slip under a lot of peoples radar, or is just not that well known. But he was one twisted fúck. Good to see scumbag getting justice today and hopefully it will be a lesson to young players coming into the league, to break ties with any shady hangers on from their youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Hazys wrote: »
    Not that weird at all, pretty common place unfortunately.

Only in the past 10 days, we've had Darren Sharper convicted of being a serial rapist, Hernandez convicted of murder and Lawrence Phillips accused of murdering his cell mate.

Of course, but just the fact we're talking about a player - probably top 3 in his position at the time and making millions in a massive sport - killing off an associate and possibly implicated in further murders.

At most scandal tends to happen on their rise to stardom or after their done in Sharper's case. 1st class murder isn't exactly common place among multi-millionaire sports stars is what I'm saying.

Of course, but just the fact we're talking about a player - probably top 3 in his position at the time and making millions in a massive sport - killing off an associate and possibly implicated in further murders.

At most scandal tends to happen on their rise to stardom or after their done in Sharper's case. 1st class murder isn't exactly common place among multi-millionaire sports stars is what I'm saying.

I guess it comes down to personal opinion but for me, I'm not shocked an NFL player has murdered somebody or involved in very serious crimes.

I knew about OJ Simpson before I knew about the NFL and since OJ there has been (talking about just murder charges exclusively), Rae Carruth, Ray Lewis, Pacman Jones, Jovan Belcher, josh Brent, Barret Robbins, Lawrence Phillips, etc. and we are only talking about the NFL not all sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As if he things Weren't bad enough for Hernandez he has been found guilty of witness intimidation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ex Titans lb Ryan mouton ain't the smartest

mouton_nod15t.jpg

Ex Titans lb Ryan mouton ain't the smartest

mouton_nod15t.jpg

That's hilarious tbh

• Advertisement

Hernandez seems to be right at home in prision: http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/us/aaron-hernandez-fight/
    Hernandez agreed to be on the lookout for one inmate who went into another prisoner's cell. The two inmates fought, with the source telling CNN the altercation was believed to be gang-related.

Absolute lunatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I just read an article where Boston University revealed that Hernandez "suffered the most severe case of CTE ever discovered in someone of his age."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-aaron-hernandez-brain-cte-20171109-story.html

The findings that are going to come out in years to come of CTE in football players will obviously be frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Read that a while ago. Crazy stuff. Makes you feel sorry for him. He was missing a large portion of his brain :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Paully D wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but I just read an article where Boston University revealed that Hernandez "suffered the most severe case of CTE ever discovered in someone of his age."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-aaron-hernandez-brain-cte-20171109-story.html

The findings that are going to come out in years to come of CTE in football players will obviously be frightening.

Yeah I put it in the Pats thread when it was announced a while back but didn't get much traction there. Even leaving Hernandez out of the equation in terms of his actions and whether the CTE had an impact, there is a huge problem brewing for the NFL.

The state of his brain was shocking, and deeply saddening.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Yeah I put it in the Pats thread when it was announced a while back but didn't get much traction there. Even leaving Hernandez out of the equation in terms of his actions and whether the CTE had an impact, there is a huge problem brewing for the NFL.

The state of his brain was shocking, and deeply saddening.

Reading about his history with gangs the CTE did not in my opinion contribute to the killing and the NFL will drag up all his past dealings with gangs while he was a teen. I could be way off but he was far gone with gang mentality it seems at an early age.

After his father died Hernandez entered a dark place and there is pictures of him showing gang signs and gang colors. He got involved with the wrong people. As time went one the evidence of his checkered past came out more and more. Going to be very hard for anyone to prove the CTE caused him to kill.

What I find even more disturbing though with the levels of CTE his brain showed is that as a TE he would not have been considered as a high impact position when compared to Linemen and Running backs and defensive players. He must have taken some heavy shots to the head in high school and college and more than once which will actually help the NFLs defense because you know their lawyers will argue it must have happened before he played in the NFL. And lets face it every body seems to forget when talking about concussion that the NFL are not the only governing body in football. There is the NCAA and NFHS also.

Raoul wrote: »
    Read that a while ago. Crazy stuff. Makes you feel sorry for him. He was missing a large portion of his brain :(.

There is no suggestion yet that his condition precluded him from forming intent to kill, or meant he did not know that his actions were wrong.

• Advertisement

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Reading about his history with gangs the CTE did not in my opinion contribute to the killing and the NFL will drag up all his past dealings with gangs while he was a teen. I could be way off but he was far gone with gang mentality it seems at an early age.

After his father died Hernandez entered a dark place and there is pictures of him showing gang signs and gang colors. He got involved with the wrong people. As time went one the evidence of his checkered past came out more and more. Going to be very hard for anyone to prove the CTE caused him to kill.

Yep, that's why I said leaving Hernandez out of the equation in terms of his actions etc, I don't want to debate them at all. The CTE does throw up some questions, but I have no interest in getting in to them.
    Toss Sweep wrote:
    What I find even more disturbing though with the levels of CTE his brain showed is that as a TE he would not have been considered as a high impact position when compared to Linemen and Running backs and defensive players. He must have taken some heavy shots to the head in high school and college and more than once which will actually help the NFLs defense because you know their lawyers will argue it must have happened before he played in the NFL. And lets face it every body seems to forget when talking about concussion that the NFL are not the only governing body in football. There is the NCAA and NFHS also.

I take your point on board, but none the less. The NFL is the figurehead in terms of being in the public eye, they will be the litmus test rightly or wrongly when it comes to injuries due to impact, concussion etc

There is a problem coming very quickly down the line for the NFL, and football as a whole. Players are bigger, faster and stronger then ever. The high impact aspect of the game is only going to come under the microscope more the more is learned about the traumatic effects on the brain.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I take your point on board, but none the less. The NFL is the figurehead in terms of being in the public eye, they will be the litmus test rightly or wrongly when it comes to injuries due to impact, concussion etc

There is a problem coming very quickly down the line for the NFL, and football as a whole. Players are bigger, faster and stronger then ever. The high impact aspect of the game is only going to come under the microscope more the more is learned about the traumatic effects on the brain.

The NFL will win this Hernandez case if it goes to court and it will do more damage to any further CTE case going forward. The onus on the plaintiffs will be to prove the NFL caused the CTE damage Hernandez had. They will also have to prove the NFL knew about it. The NFL will win this case and it will look bad for any further CTE case.

What does make the NFL look bad though is their handling in previous year of dealing with concussions and they will never shake that but neither will High School or College football either.

In the long run I don't see football being affected as much as many believe it will because of CTE as in people not wanting to play or the game changing dramatically. What will change is how the game is coached which is happening at youth level well High School and College anyways. I have a bone to pick with pee wee coaches but that is another days story. The helmet makers are already developing better helmets and incorporating technology for heads to be monitored on and off the field.

The NFL needs to get off the fence and pump money into better standards and lead the charge and stop leaving it to High Schools and College and the Coaching associations to do all the work.

What case are you talking about?

What case are you talking about?

Hernandez Family case which I didn't realize they have "dropped for now" my bad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

His wife is pregnant.. assume its not his..

• Advertisement

His wife is pregnant.. assume its not his..

Immaculate conceptions can happen though right?

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Immaculate conceptions can happen though right?

could have frozen his sperm, but would assume she's moved onto someone else with his millions

could have frozen his sperm, but would assume she's moved onto someone else with his millions

That would be hilarious if thats what she did though. And it 20-22 years time he gets drafted to the NFL :pac:

Advertisement