Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cleat replacement price

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I paid €24 for a pair in a bricks and mortar shop recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

G1032 wrote: »
    Is €15 a good price for these Shimano SH11 cleats?
    yes, pretty good price
    crosstownk wrote: »
    I paid €24 for a pair in a bricks and mortar shop recently.
    My LBS sells the for between 16 and 20. Minor variations in price over time but certainly never paid that much.

BBB do compatible versions, might be cheaper, and there was an advert up for pedals and cleats from the UK for under 20 quid but they were not a brand I had heard of before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

sometimes you can get spd sl pedals for 24euro online with free cleats, I hate buying cleats separate but those shimanos wear out fast with me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

sometimes you can get spd sl pedals for 24euro online with free cleats, I hate buying cleats separate but those shimanos wear out fast with me

I got cleat covers for mine, certainly extend the life of them by a long way but unfortunately I just can't be a*s*d throwing them on all the time so not as effective as they could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

I picked these up for someone last time I was in the Belfast shop, they were on sale instore for £5.99. Not much difference at this price though.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/spdsl-cleats-id_3170018.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Something I came across a few months ago...

Those yellow yokes and that side of the cleat have nothing to do with clipping in/out.

It's the other side.

That's the wear and tear you need to look at.

Advertisement