Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Concord 60-840-43 engineer code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

Exactly what I thought too. I definitely didn't change them as I only had installer access quite recently and hadn't had the install manual until you sent it to me. Would it be anything to do with reducing your level of control on their system.

I would not suspect so as they would need access if using the toolbox too.
    Could of being changed by the installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

altor wrote: »
    I would not suspect so as they would need access if using the toolbox too.
    Could of being changed by the installer.

I was wondering what terminal you would wire a smoke alarm to. From what I can work out these panels do not support wireless smoke alarms.

What exactly are the official titles of these Concord panels. I've seen the Concord 4, the Concord Express, the Concord Hybrid and even seen mention of a Concord 2.

I was wondering what terminal you would wire a smoke alarm to. From what I can work out these panels do not support wireless smoke alarms.

What exactly are the official titles of these Concord panels. I've seen the Concord 4, the Concord Express, the Concord Hybrid and even seen mention of a Concord 2.

You can add 433 RF smoke detectors to this system.
    I have never added wired devices except dells or separate dialers to it.
    It is a Euro Concord used by P.W.

You can add 433 RF smoke detectors to this system.
    I have never added wired devices except dells or separate dialers to it.
    It is a Euro Concord used by P.W.

Now I see it. It's actually marketed under the name Concord International. Just looked at the user manual on the web and it's the same name on the manual that came supplied with the original system.

I'm trying to establish the software version installed on the main board as that helps rule in and out what additional modules can be used with this system.

Now I see it. It's actually marketed under the name Concord International. Just looked at the user manual on the web and it's the same name on the manual that came supplied with the original system.

I'm trying to establish the software version installed on the main board as that helps rule in and out what additional modules can be used with this system.

You should see a software version menu in engineer mode.

• Advertisement

You should see a software version menu in engineer mode.

Factory code reports 201*2220 so I'm figuring that's software Ver 2.01 2220. If that's the case it rules out the use of the Superbus 2000 RS233 module. Pity as this would have turned the panel into a home automation system. I believe it only works on Ver 2.5 or higher as in the Concord 4, Hybrid and possibly the Simon.

Obviously the Concord was aimed at the American market and it was only when companies like PW came along that they started to adapt it for the European market.

On the wireless smoke detector, I rang RSP in Drumcondra and they quoted me €101 plus vat for a UTC model. A bit on the high side but again I know I'm limited to the 433mhz bandwidth. Do you know of any alternative available in and around Dublin that won't break the bank.

On the wireless smoke detector, I rang RSP in Drumcondra and they quoted me €101 plus vat for a UTC model. A bit on the high side but again I know I'm limited to the 433mhz bandwidth. Do you know of any alternative available in and around Dublin that won't break the bank.

Unfortunately that is the price for these units.

I have a siren attached to output 1 which is working fine. I attached a piezo to output 2 and I'm getting a strange ticking sound when it's in it's off state. Once I sound the piezo in alarm state and turn it off the ticking disappears but it's back after a minute. Is this normal.

I have a siren attached to output 1 which is working fine. I attached a piezo to output 2 and I'm getting a strange ticking sound when it's in it's off state. Once I sound the piezo in alarm state and turn it off the ticking disappears but it's back after a minute. Is this normal.

What way have you it wired in?

• Advertisement

Red to terminal 1 12v and black to output 2 terminal. I used a resistor as suggested in the installation manual and same result with or without it.

Now that I have nearly everything working on the Control Panel, can I use the panel's ability to contact a Central Station to possibly do my own monitoring. I know the Domestic Dialler can call me in the event of an alarm condition but that's all the information I can get from it.

It's been a while since I posted on this unit.All working well at the moment.My next task is to see if I can connect a GSM autodialer to this panel.I know there are GE Interlogix modules that do the job but the prices are off the wall.The reason I ask is I'm finishing my contract with Eir(Eircom) owing to their crappy service so I won't have a landline in the traditional sense with Virgin Media.

I've seen generic GSM autodiallers for sale which say can be wired to the bell output of any alarm panel.I'm wondering if they could be wired to the GE Concord International control panel in the same way.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm sure the can. Most work by a simple negative switched trigger.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm sure the can. Most work by a simple negative switched trigger.

Yes I think I can connect to the SAB output on the panel. I'm wondering what control I will have over the panel remotely if I go this route.

Will I be able to issue commands to the GSM dialer to set/unset the panel and will I still be able to control the x10 lights function on the panel along the lines of the landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 davehogan100

Why not get a GSM Gateway and just wire it to the systems PSTN line? That would give you all the current functionality you have with your phoneline.

Why not get a GSM Gateway and just wire it to the systems PSTN line? That would give you all the current functionality you have with your phoneline.

I'll certainly have a look at that option thanks.

Are you familiar with the Concord International panel.

I am indeed I've worked on a fair few of them.

I am indeed I've worked on a fair few of them.

Do you have a particular GSM Gateway in mind that you might suggest.

We normally use RSPLs but any of the suppliers listed should offer one. All you need is a GSM Gateway that can be wired onto a PSTN connection and runs at 12v. Just ask for the above and you should get what you need feel free to run any model numbers past me if your unsure.

• Advertisement

We normally use RSPLs but any of the suppliers listed should offer one. All you need is a GSM Gateway that can be wired onto a PSTN connection and runs at 12v. Just ask for the above and you should get what you need feel free to run any model numbers past me if your unsure.

Will do. Thanks again for your help.

Will do. Thanks again for your help.

Would you have any idea what those RSPL units cost.

Would you have any idea what those RSPL units cost.

I've studied the installation manual so I can see how the wiring connects up. The Concord has a Voice/Dialler module so it's green/red to the panel and brown/grey to the module. Looks like this unit might solve my problem. Again it's down to cost of course.

I think there between €100 to €150. I would ring around and see where the best price is and the GSM gateway will do what your looking for it to do.

I think there between €100 to €150. I would ring around and see where the best price is and the GSM gateway will do what your looking for it to do.

I can't seem to find any other GSM gateways like it. Most GSM units are for connecting to the bell output. I contacted RPSL to get a price on one and they made a bit of a movie about giving. Name, Business Name, phone number etc. I left it at that. Wonder if anyone else stocks this module. Can't seem to find any on the web. I wonder if the module is a generic one badged under that name.

I can't seem to find any other GSM gateways like it. Most GSM units are for connecting to the bell output. I contacted RPSL to get a price on one and they made a bit of a movie about giving. Name, Business Name, phone number etc. I left it at that. Wonder if anyone else stocks this module. Can't seem to find any on the web. I wonder if the module is a generic one badged under that name.

Finally got a price from RSPL. €95 plus vat. I'll give it a go and report back on progress.

This all came about as a result of the crap, firstly from Phonewatch and now from Eir. I cannot believe that Eir are offering the same land line and broadband bundled deal as Virgin Media when all they can offer me is a 10m/b broadband speed while VM are offering 340m/b. I was promised that eFibre broadband was on its way 3 years ago in my area but he we are and still nothing.

They attempted to cobble together some crap offer of 4G broadband for home use but to be honest with the way I was treated after 22 years of being a customer they can keep it.

I was trying to deal with their Loyalty Department but it sounded like the agent was on the dance floor in a nightclub. When I finally got a word in and said I was switching he proceeded to tell me that he was an experienced "switcher" and could arrange the switch for me without loss of service.

Looks like the air has finally run out for Eir. Apologies for this but I had to put this rubbish down in print.

Finally got a price from RSPL. €95 plus vat. I'll give it a go and report back on progress.

This all came about as a result of the crap, firstly from Phonewatch and now from Eir. I cannot believe that Eir are offering the same land line and broadband bundled deal as Virgin Media when all they can offer me is a 10m/b broadband speed while VM are offering 340m/b. I was promised that eFibre broadband was on its way 3 years ago in my area but he we are and still nothing.

They attempted to cobble together some crap offer of 4G broadband for home use but to be honest with the way I was treated after 22 years of being a customer they can keep it.

I was trying to deal with their Loyalty Department but it sounded like the agent was on the dance floor in a nightclub. When I finally got a word in and said I was switching he proceeded to tell me that he was an experienced "switcher" and could arrange the switch for me without loss of service.

Looks like the air has finally run out for Eir. Apologies for this but I had to put this rubbish down in print.

Well I finally purchased the Smartguard Gateway. So far I've managed to replicate exactly what the panel was doing via GSM line. I can call into the system, set and unset everything. It calls me if there is an alarm condition. Nice piece of hardware.

What I haven't managed to achieve is to have it SMS me if there is an alarm condition. I've adjusted every setting possible but no joy. I can SMS the system for a status and it SMS back no problem.

I wonder if I'm missing something obvious. The Help section in the Smartguard Configuration Tool that's referred to in the installation manual doesn't seem to exist.

Are you trying to message the Concord itself or are you referring to the Smart Guard unit? I don't think there was ever an SMS function on that specific panel but I can find out. I deal with them alot but its only ever to connect them to central stations never for self monitoring so I'm not 100% as to if they had a text feature or not.

Are you trying to message the Concord itself or are you referring to the Smart Guard unit? I don't think there was ever an SMS function on that specific panel but I can find out. I deal with them alot but its only ever to connect them to central stations never for self monitoring so I'm not 100% as to if they had a text feature or not.

I can message the Smartguard controller and it's replies with Output and Input status. What I can't get it to do is message me by SMS when there is an alarm condition. No the Concord doesn't do SMS directly.

I've set the jumper configuration to contact an SMS number, in my case my own mobile, I don't have a monitoring contract. That works fine in the event of an alarm condition. I can call the panel and set whatever I need as well. All done through the GSM gateway now.

What I'm trying to achieve is have the gateway call me in the event of an alarm condition AND send me an SMS as well. The option is listed in the user manual but it just doesn't seem to work. As I've stated I've already got two way SMS communication established between my mobile phone and the Smartguard module.

• Advertisement

Have you used the outputs(relays) on your panel for an external bell etc? If not you need to wire one of them into one of the Smart Guards inputs and program the panel to trip it when the alarm goes off.

Advertisement