Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC APP

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Not that I have ever heard of . They would be a very large Manafacture worldwide.

Just seen this on the PSA website.
    Any ideas?

343599.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Apologies. I didn't know there was a change. Can you now use the IP lan card or WiFi card to connect to the panel via IP ? So is there is no longer a need to subscribe to use a SIM card and connect via GPRS?

What you posted is not what the OP asked. This has already been discussed here in the comparison thread .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I didn't see anything on the comparison thread about the ability to connect directly to a HKC panel over IP. If this is now possible without the need to use GPRS and a SIM card with an annual subscription perhaps you could point me in the direction of the updated information.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I didn't see anything on the comparison thread about the ability to connect directly to a HKC panel over IP. If this is now possible without the need to use GPRS and a SIM card with an annual subscription perhaps you could point me in the direction of the updated information.

The OP asked if he could use broadband to connect to a HKC panel and not use a GSM SC. YES he can using a WiFi or LAN card. All info is available on HKCs site

altor wrote: »
    Just seen this on the PSA website.
    Any ideas?

343599.PNG

No way?!?! Would you use a manufactures gear if they decided to start installing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

I would also vote for the Siemens SPC, Risco or GSD control panels, no app charges. The GSD panel will also let you view live CCTV with one of there cameras using the same app for the alarm system which is a big plus in my book
    I think hkc are bringing a new camera pir for use with their app to their demonstration day next week.
    Also don't Siemens still use those ineffective Visonic wireless inertia sensors still? Or has that changed?
    Risco are Israeli right? probably most don't care but a lot of people might not like to support the Israeli security industry.
    As for GSD they are a very small operation. What happens if they go bust? What happens to their app and how do you get replacement parts for your alarm in a few years?

Once thing I agree with though is that hkc should have the app free for the wifi and lan card as long as people don't use the text option there should be no charges. As for the hkc products and their reliability and effectivness they are fantastic. Thats the main reason why the vast majority of installers keep using them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Evolution1 wrote: »
    The OP asked if he could use broadband to connect to a HKC panel and not use a GSM SC. YES he can using a WiFi or LAN card. All info is available on HKCs site

I think the OP was asking if you can connect directly remotely in the way you can with the likes of Siemens without the need to use the cloud server or without the need to pay annually. If that's the case no that's not possible with HKC.

No way?!?! Would you use a manufactures gear if they decided to start installing ?

Not if there were to turn into an installation company in competition with us. Would you?
    However I don't think that's what this is about.
    It is interesting that you bring up that subject though. Let's wait and see what's down the road.

Firstly, how would any of us compete with them as they would have the equipment far cheaper than any of us.
    If they are licensed they would need to of installed some systems to attain the standard also so its fair to say its in motion.

Also don't Siemens still use those ineffective Visonic wireless inertia sensors still? Or has that changed?

You can still use these sensors if you can get a receiver.
    Another alternative is to add third party sensors through a bridge, not a great way of doing it in this day and age but it is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lads some fair points being raised here.

Two things please

Keep the app comparison comments on the sticky, that's why we made it, so that we could keep threads clear of such talk.

If Siemens are a licenced contractor so be it, please don't talk about their commercial position, or yours with respect to them. Don't use this as a reason to have a pop at them please. Their legal business setup is not for discussion here. Their equipment, yes, their operations no.

As for GSD they are a very small operation. What happens if they go bust? What happens to their app and how do you get replacement parts for your alarm in a few years?

I would think you need to do some research before making a statement like that. GSD would be a major player in the access market. I come across their equipment everywhere.
    If any company goes bust or leaves the market the same will happen with apps & parts. All wireless systems are integrated.
    Remember how we got stung when the company who owned Astec decided to whip all their Astec products off the market.

Stoner wrote: »

If Siemens are a licenced contractor so be it, please don't talk about their commercial position, or yours with respect to them. Don't use this as a reason to have a pop at them please. Their legal business setup is not for discussion here. Their equipment, yes, their operations no.

[Stoner, I hope this is OK to say]
    I have put up information re this on the trade forum for anyone whose interested.The information is directly from a source in Siemens.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

I also agree with an earlier comment that GSD is far from a small company
    and would have a very good name in the access control market
    and there is a lot of there intruder products out there.
    I for one can say they provide a very good service and products.
    I only know of one Manafactuer that seems to be targeting the end user.
    I could stand corrected.
    Siemens currently and have for some time there own range of contacts,Pirs,CCTV , sismeic detectors etc. I agree they don't have shock sensors.
    They have a new very impressive operation in Coolock providing a lot of employment .
    I could make a ph call to either Siemens or GSD after hours and get support
    on the ph.
    In my book there is a lot to be said for that as none of us know
    It all & we all need a hand now & then

Can we bring this thread back to the topic of the HKC app ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lads

I'm closing this thread , traffic can move to the sticky about the apps

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement