Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New clutch on ambulance - big job?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

If you have all the heavy lifting gear it shouldnt really be a problem but you will need either a pit or a lift and some heavy duty gearbox jacks as the gearbox in this will be very heavy!!!! Not a job that would be done easily or safely on the side of the road with a trolley jack, A lad I used to work with lost his arm trying to
    remove the gearbox on a Mercedes Sprinter. He thought he would be able to do it on the ground with the help of a trolley jack. Unfortunately he wont be doing any work on any sort of car or van for a long time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

I have a Bedford CF 2, EX O'HALLORAN AMBULANCE, DOUBLE REAR WHEELS

The clutch is on the way out.... is it a big job and can anyone suggest where I can get it done?

similar pic - http://farm1.static.flickr.com/82/263268464_f465717d5f.jpg?v=0
    Yes,replacing the clutch is big and expensive job,don't attempt it without knowledge and equipment as stated above. Any garage will do this job................................b

Advertisement