Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedford Rascal Campervan - any good?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi. Have been offered an 1988 Bedford Rascal campervan for very cheap price (I think) - 850 euro. Does anyone have any opinions on these vans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Very very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

You'd want to be very friendly with your camping partner! Other than that rust was and is the Bedfords enemy, doors wheelarches mechanics are very simple but again rust!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Hi. Have been offered an 1988 Bedford Rascal campervan for very cheap price (I think) - 850 euro. Does anyone have any opinions on these vans?

Hi, I've got a 1986 version and am very happy with it. Yes it's small but perfect for one person for short breaks, fishing trips, drinking with no driving home etc. My Daughter and her partner have borrowed it and loved it. I've had mine for nearly 5 years.

It's a 2 berth so of course it small, but it's larger than a Dormobile. Advantage is that it will take you to places that larger MH's can't get to and parking is a doddle:).

More or less any vehicle of that age is going to be prone to some rust so just check it out.

Romahome still make the de-mountable bodies and if the one you're looking at is in good condition it's worth more that €850 without the vehicle.

If your name is linked to your location then I'm just up the road from you, so if you want to pm me then please feel free.

Should have added that I paid a lot more for mine and would be asking a lot more for it. (and it might have to be sold due to health reasons, mine not the camper).

Advertisement