Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do guys expect from a girl on a first date?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I'm going on a date next week with a guy i really like. We've met informally in work a few times and chatted a bit. Over the last week or two, we've been texting each other. We seem to get on really well together but i'm starting to get a bit worried about next week. Obviously, i have no intention of sleeping with him but i've heard some people say that they wouldn't even kiss a guy on a first date. I really want next week to go well and i want to make sure he knows i really like him! I just want it to hear what guys have to say on this issue - What would you expect from a girl on a first date, in cases where the date has gone well and she wants to see you again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

You are over-thinking it tbh.

Tell him you had a great time after

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

Pay for the meal, drinks and taxi home:p

Only kidding, tell him you had a great night and suggest next date if all went well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A twice weekly meet up , all year round subscription ;)

Nah ...just tell him you had a great night and looking foreward to next date and up another level :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Monkey09 wrote: »
    What would you expect from a girl on a first date..

To be herself.

Don't try and impress him or be what you think he wants on the date, or what anybody else thinks he would want for that matter. You're going out with him, so he already knows you're interested.

Chances are he will pick up the fact that you are somewhat nervous and eager to show him and find that adorable and as that is part of who you are, why hide it? Last get I fell for was so clumsy and shy and that's precisely what I liked most about her.

If you try too hard to be someone or something that you are not and he likes that person - when you do eventually relax and be more yourself on future dates, he might not like it and wonder where the girl he was with on the first date went.

So, although a massive cliché: just relax and be yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Hi there Monkey,Im afraid that tGC is not for "what do men" queries so Im afraid I have to close it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Every date is different. Every guy is different. There is no universal expectancy for a first date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement