Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excercises

Options
  • 17-11-2010 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just wondering if anybody could let me know of anywhere i could get some type of excercises to start getting back in shape. regular smoker/drinker, 43 yrs old, high blood pressure (surprise) and haven't excercised in years. bit of a belly and moobs i'd like to get rid of. Can't afford to go to a gym and haven't got the first clue about nutrition. any advisse would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=252

Read the stickies on that forum and ask over there if you have more questions. Or just google for the couch to 5k programme, I've heard nought but good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

You could try the couch to 5k as a start!

http://www.c25k.com/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

As posted above the couch to 5k program is great.
    After you get to the 5k distance, there are more advanced programs for building up speed and distance.

Also, you could check out the 100 press-up challenge.

To be honest, there is much much more comprehensive advice available on the Fitness forum, but if you're looking for a starting point, I reckon that if you can get through both of these programs, you'll be in a much better position than you are now with not too much organisation, time, money.

Other than that, it depends on how much time you want to put in and how in shape you want to get.

Best of luck man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

One last thing, make sure you get fitted for good running shoes. I cannot stress this enough if you're undertaking any sort of exercise, the difference is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

einsam wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody could let me know of anywhere i could get some type of excercises to start getting back in shape. regular smoker/drinker, 43 yrs old, high blood pressure (surprise) and haven't excercised in years. bit of a belly and moobs i'd like to get rid of. Can't afford to go to a gym and haven't got the first clue about nutrition. any advisse would be appreciated.

thanks
    Try this youtube channel. He has loads of good exerciese for beginners up and they dont take a lot of time. http://www.youtube.com/user/cbathletics.

Walking and jogging are always good to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

OP, I would highly reccommend paying a visit to your G.P. before you begin anything and getting some advice from him regarding your plans, seeing as you mentioned being a 40+ regular smoker and drinker with high bp. Once he/she gives the go ahead, proceed into the fun, but tough and rewarding world of regular exercise :)

Research what you think or could have been advised to try first, as that's the least effort of all, and it can't hurt.

Advertisement