Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joint Stag and Hen Parties

• 23-07-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong place - feel free to move.

I am tasked with organising a joint stag and hen for my friends.

Does anyone have any ideas of good locations for this in Ireland? Been anywhere recently that you would recommend for a large group?

It will involve an overnight stay somewhere and maybe some activies during the day (girls and guys may do separate stuff) and meet later for dinner drinks.

Obviously am conscious that money is an issue for lots of people so don't want it to be too expensive.

I went somewhere in Ireland where everyone stayed in cottages so was like a little village but have no idea where this was!

Would really appreciate any help or advice here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Carlingford would be good.

There's a great place I stayed before which is like a load of separate cottages around a central courtyard. I went to a hen there and we never left the place!

Lots of daytime activities to choose from.

Wedding and marriage forum might have some good ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Its no longer a hen/stag if opposite sex are going. Pre wedding get together for friends is more apt name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I stayed here before http://www.wallsloughvillage.ie/

It's only a 5 minute drive/taxi to Kilkenny City and the cottages are very nice and roomy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

the white lady in kinsale do a good package for hens and stags....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Would having your wife and her friends there(or husband and friends) not slightly ruin the fun of a stag/hen party?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

moved to wedding and marriage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

I would second the suggestion for Carlingford Adventure Centre. The activities are great fun and the town seems like a great place to spend a few nights.

They even do Hen and Stag packages: http://www.carlingfordholidayhomes.com/HenandStagPackages.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

What about Mount Falcon near Ballina in Mayo? There have cottages/apt on the same site as the hotel. They have activities in the hotel grounds.

The girls could go for seaweed bath in Enniscrone while the boys play golf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

baz2009 wrote: »
    Would having your wife and her friends there(or husband and friends) not slightly ruin the fun of a stag/hen party?:confused:

Each to their own. That's what they asked for as a couple mutually agreed.

Thankfully some people have minds of their own and don't just follow the pack when it comes to stuff like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Dr. Zeus wrote: »
    Each to their own. That's what they asked for as a couple mutually agreed.

Thankfully some people have minds of their own and don't just follow the pack when it comes to stuff like this.
    Yeah right, bet one of them insisted on it. Unless both partners have identical friends its bound to be an underwhelming weekend. I thought the idea of such stag/hen parties was to be with your individual friends for one last party before you become a formally married couple.

• Advertisement

its bound to be an underwhelming weekend.

Or maybe it will be the best weekend they ever have!

I really hate the way people in this country cant cope if anyone doesnt do exactly as tradition says for weddings etc.

Times are changing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Or maybe it will be the best weekend they ever have!

I really hate the way people in this country cant cope if anyone doesnt do exactly as tradition says for weddings etc.

Times are changing!

For the worse if a man can't even have a stag party/weekend.

You are so predictable!

Of course it was the woman that insisted on it. If he didnt want it then he should grow a pair! :rolleyes:

Advertisement