Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy s3 camera

Options
  • 07-01-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

When trying to use the volume button to zoom the camera a message comes up ,,cannot zoom in this mode,,

I have tried,,
    removing the battery
    reset camera in camera settings
    in applications-camera-cleared cache and cleared data

cannot find the answer in google, any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

On mine the volume takes a pict. You zoom like you zoom a web page.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

corkgsxr wrote: »
    On mine the volume takes a pict. You zoom like you zoom a web page.

was always able to zoom using the volume buttons until recently, dont know what changed,

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

To the OP:
    With the camera app open, open the settings menu (the cog symbol) and select the "use volume key as" option. From there you should be able to choose whether the volume key acts as either the shutter button to take the shot, or as a zoom in/out control.

This is how it is with my Note II, but as far as I am aware, they have exactly the same camera app, and given that you previously used the volume rocker as a zoom key, I'd imagine there is an option to reselect that function :)

mtt_swny wrote: »
    To the OP:
    With the camera app open, open the settings menu (the cog symbol) and select the "use volume key as" option. From there you should be able to choose whether the volume key acts as either the shutter button to take the shot, or as a zoom in/out control.

This is how it is with my Note II, but as far as I am aware, they have exactly the same camera app, and given that you previously used the volume rocker as a zoom key, I'd imagine there is an option to reselect that function :)

Thanks but that option is not on the list in mine, think this only happened after the last software update

mtt_swny wrote: »
    To the OP:

Thanks but that option is not on the list in mine, think this only happened after the last software update

• Advertisement
Advertisement