Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asthma peaking in July and August

Options
  • 08-09-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I have very slight asthma and have had it for over 15 years, however things really kicked off in July and August this year with my inhaler being used very regularly, seems to have calmed down again but did anyone else notice this? I'm putting it down to some change in the weather, but if no one replies then it was obviously just me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've only developed Asthma in the last year and not really finding inhalers helping much. Anyway i did notice in the last couple of months i had got very bad at night but it seems to have eased up in the last week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

The air has been so heavy in recent months and there was so much more pollen in the air this year than most other years!

Im going through two of each inhalers a month the last 4 months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Yep, it's been a fairly nice summer, which means lots of pollen and hay fever can agitate asthma pretty bad. I didn't notice it too much myself but I was already on a fairly heavy preventer so I guess it did its job =) Hope you're getting on better now and just make sure not to go to Donegal =P (always makes me wheeze)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kamc

I think that asthma and hayfever are closely related in the medical world. One often develops with the other. I've got both, lucky me. My GP told me that asthma can peak in the summer months so it's not the best time of year to reduce your inhaler dosage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Allergens (anything from dust mites, pollen, mold, pet hair etc) trigger asthma. My guess is you are allergic to pollen. Maybe you should take antihistamines in summer but talk to a pharmacist or doctor about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kamc wrote: »
    I think that asthma and hayfever are closely related in the medical world. One often develops with the other. I've got both, lucky me. My GP told me that asthma can peak in the summer months so it's not the best time of year to reduce your inhaler dosage.

I have def noticed an increase this year and last year.
    I've always been a hayfever sufferer, but last 2 years I developed a hacking dry couth, very asthmatic like. Once june and july are over then, I'm back to normal!

Advertisement