Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds first ps3 "chipped".

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

For real? i think i'll wait and let someone else try it first, but if its true then the future looks bright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

For real? i think i'll wait and let someone else try it first, but if its true then the future looks bright :D

You see the thing is, the new games will probably end up being protected anyway, so it's more likely all the old games you'll be able to play, I dunno, we'll have to wait and see, looks very interesting though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Too much hassel and new games will simply require a firmware update that could possible brick your ps3 costing you €300.

Also who would be bothered downloading 20 gig games and then wasting money on a blu ray burner(Probably have no other use for it) and blank discs(Surprising expensive).

Just sign up to one of those mail rental services or buy second hand games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Too much hassel and new games will simply require a firmware update that could possible brick your ps3 costing you €300.

Also who would be bothered downloading 20 gig games and then wasting money on a blu ray burner(Probably have no other use for it) and blank discs(Surprising expensive).

Not all the games are blu ray though are they??

I mean normal DLDVR would work for them I would assume..

And yeah, chances are you'll be left with a load of shít, still cool to see it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

SugarHigh wrote: »

Hyperbole, you got it!

1) How is a firmware update going to brick your ps3? even if sony knew how to target people using these devices with a software update, it would be illegal for them to purposely break peoples consoles, modded or not. Also its a usb stick, plug it out when your updating!

2)You don't burn disk with this, it plays games of external HDs or the internal PS3 hard drive

• Advertisement
Advertisement