Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to apply for rent allowance on disability

Options
  • 29-03-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Im just wondering how long would it take to get rent allowance, Im currently on disability benefit for two years and I want to know what are my entitelments and am I entitled to a grant etc? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure this its the first thing you checked but I'll post the link anyway
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Rent-Supplement.aspx

A quote from the page that seems relevant
    Rehabilitative earnings disregard: A certain amount of your income from rehabilitative work which is not taken into account. If you are getting Disability Allowance or Blind Pension, €120 from rehabilitative training or employment is not taken into account in the assessment for Rent Supplement. Any earnings over €120 from rehabilitative training or employment will affect your Rent Supplement. If you are earning above €120 you can be assessed using whichever disregard is most in your interest - either the Rehabilitative earnings disregard or the Additional income disregard (but not both)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

can u do it onlone or do i still have to be on the gousing list thanks for the link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

waxer1986 wrote: »
    can u do it onlone or do i still have to be on the gousing list thanks for the link

Seems you will need to complete the application, it is linked to on the welfare page, portions of which must be completed by your landlord.
    I guess read through it carefully, use support numbers for assistance, and submit it.
    No sign of an online option however, but there should be an office local to you.

Advertisement