Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann prices and routes

Options
  • 07-04-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

It seems to me the Bus Éireann website is very hard to acquire useful info. of if you don't already have a good knowledge of bus routes around Ireland.

I couldn't find a route or a bus fare from Castlebar to Belfast.

Could anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Comments

A good website to use is getthere.ie.
    My guess is that you would first have to get to Dublin (train goes to Heuston), then you can get the bus / luas to Busarus, where you can get a bus to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I've found http://getthere.ie/ is a good site for finding your options to get places on public transport. It seems though that you'd have to go to Dublin first before heading to Belfast.

EDIT: Just in ahead of me wextext!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

The website doesn't offer cross border trips "due to the system being compatible with who runs the Northern Ireland buses" or some similar crap. So annoying they don't just find a solution to this :rolleyes:

I think (but not 100%) you can buy a ticket for the whole journey on the bus, but not online...I'm open to corrections though. Not sure what the cost would be as the site doesn't even have that info :rolleyes: but I'd hope it'd be cheaper than separate tickets for both legs. Changing at Dublin is probably easiest as previous posters mentioned. Buses go to Dublin regularly, even at night, so probably the best option.

Advertisement