Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery for Fiat Ducato

Options
  • 05-10-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi All

Looks like my engine battery in my 2003 Fiat Ducato has given up the ghost. It has been jump start it 3 times at this stage in the last week (me da is not happy as he is off in it at the mo :D ). Once started and driven for a while, the van will restart again without any hassle within a short time (hour or so), but if left overnight, then out come the jump leads again - so Im guessing the battery is just not holding charge

Anyway, I was looking around online last night at new batteries and prices seem to vary alot

Any advice as to what would be considered a "normal" price for a battery?
    Any preferences on makes, models etc?

All advice welcome

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Malta1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Looks like my engine battery in my 2003 Fiat Ducato has given up the ghost. It has been jump start it 3 times at this stage in the last week (me da is not happy as he is off in it at the mo :D ). Once started and driven for a while, the van will restart again without any hassle within a short time (hour or so), but if left overnight, then out come the jump leads again - so Im guessing the battery is just not holding charge

Anyway, I was looking around online last night at new batteries and prices seem to vary alot

Any advice as to what would be considered a "normal" price for a battery?
    Any preferences on makes, models etc?

All advice welcome

Cheers

Quality varies enormously too, if you go to the local tyre place the cheap batteries are about 40% -50% lighter than a decent one the plates are paper thin. Cheap battery is a false economy if your planning on keeping the van.

Go to the local farmers coop you'll usually get a decent battery at a decent price. I paid 106 euro for 100Ah varta silver last Arpil at the coop.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Cheers Paddy

Thanks for the advice

Will chat to local farmers co-op and see what price they offer
    Will report back for anybody interested ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 glenmac

I heard that Malta's old fellow bought a battery in the local CO OP for 110e.maybe the young lad will not drain it too quickly this tome

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Im reckoning that me da left the lights on........anyway, the deal when he took it was that if he broke it then he had to fix it......I reckon a dead battery counts as "broke it" :p

Cheers

Advertisement