Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The recession??

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

dresden8 wrote: »
    You're quite testy. But anyway this is what you actually said.

Unfortunately the first move of any government in a crisis is to "restore confidence". The government last year were telling everybody there is no problem and in effect spend away. There was no crisis in the housing industry, buy away. Anybody who was foolish enough to believe Bertie last year is now sitting on a house which has lost a considerable amount of money.

Confidence is a factor, but confidence without something to back it up is folly. Which is what you explained in your second post, not your first, if you want to get pedantic.

I think this is the third time I'm saying this, so listen carefully. I made no allowances for the sustainability of such growth. I can't put it any simpler than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

I made no allowances for the sustainability of such growth.

Indeed, you never even mentioned it in the post quoted until I pulled you up on it.

Indeed, you never even mentioned it in the post quoted until I pulled you up on it.

No, I thought people would have the intelligence to see what was implied. So far, you are the only one who has a problem with that.

No, I thought people would have the intelligence to see what was implied. So far, you are the only one who has a problem with that.

I think this is the third time I'm saying this, so listen carefully. I made no allowances for the sustainability of such growth. I can't put it any simpler than that

You either said it or implied it. I think you did neither. Maybe you should take the trouble to read your own posts.

How embarressing.

• Advertisement

You either said it or implied it. I think you did neither. Maybe you should take the trouble to read your own posts.

*GROOOAAAAAAN*

You must be winding me up, surely?

*GROOOAAAAAAN*

You must be winding me up, surely?

No, just pointing out the fallacy of your statements.

It is fun though.

No, just pointing out the fallacy of your statements.

It is fun though.

You really can't see how confused you're making yourself? Seriously? Do I really need to point this out to you?

You really can't see how confused you're making yourself? Seriously? Do I really need to point this out to you?

Why yes, entertain me more. How confused am I?

Why yes, entertain me more. How confused am I?

Very, allow me to demonstrate.
    I think this is the third time I'm saying this, so listen carefully. I made no allowances for the sustainability of such growth. I can't put it any simpler than that.

In the above post, I am referring to some of the explanations I made to you after my first post. Note that I said 'I think', meaning that I didnt check and it could have been my second time. The point is that I was not referring to my first post, for I made no specific reference to sustainability in that.

In this post, I am referring to my first post. Therefore I am using the word implied.

Honestly, if you can't get this, there is no hope.

:confused:

• Advertisement

How slippery. Well done.

Said or implied at different times, or not, as the case might be.

Maybe if we're not to be confused you should make things clearer in your posts instead of implying. That is the point of making statements, not implications. Clarity.

Anyway, it's a rainy Saturday afternoon and I want to watch El Cid. So I'm off for now.

See, clear statement of intent. That's how it works.

Maybe if I'm not to be confused you should make things clearer in your posts instead of implying. That is the point of making statements, not implications. Clarity.

Fixed that.

:pac:

(Before a mod jumps down my throat, as far as I can see dresden is the only one who was confused by this matter)

You're right, I am a tool QUOTE]

:pac::p:):D;):rolleyes:

See, I can amend quotes and use smileys too.

Even if I lied about going.

But I am gone now, Charlton is getting it on with Sophia.

You're right, I am a tool QUOTE]

I never got personal, not once. I think you are a little rattled. I'm dropping this now.

You're right, I am a tool

I never got personal, not once. I think you are a little rattled. I'm dropping this now.

Always have to have the last word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Always have to have the last word.

Find a room lads and let all the pent up gayness out on each other in private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 little-coconut

Is this a recession or not? IF SO.. then WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?!?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Is this a recession or not? IF SO.. then WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?!?!

It is a recession. It will end on tuesday the 18th June, 2013 at 8:15PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Find a room lads and let all the pent up gayness out on each other in private.

Jaysus yeah, what was that all about? :o

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement