Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ffs

• 23-01-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Little annoyances.... Things that shouldn't do....but make me fricking crazy;

Rining someone on meteor and getting their answering machine only to hear "To leave a message for someone else, press 4" - Why would I want to leave a message for someone else? Would I not ring them?

Not as much but when I call to order a pizza and they answer "Hello" - I have to say "can I order a pizza please?" every time, i'm not going to ask you the distance to the moon or the diameter of the earth..... Why not answer "Can i take your order please?"

Anyone else? No? yeah?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Anchorman quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

noblestee wrote: »
    Anchorman quotes

Continuous quotes actually, "Shamone" used to wreck my head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Be nice Noblestee, they can still be funny when delivered by someone capable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,161 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You dont even live in America. Every company you try to call has one of those automated sonnofabitches. To continue in english, press 1.

Or an actual call I had with Sirius Satellite Radio:
    Sorry, I didnt quite understand: you can either say yes or no to the following question. Okay? Lets try that again. If you need assistance activating a new radio. Say Yes. For all other queries, say no. Sorry, I didnt quite understan-

"Agent."

Fizman wrote: »
    Be nice Noblestee, they can still be funny when delivered by someone capable.

No, they can't.

Sounds like something an Anchorman-quoter would say...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

People from Ireland complaining how sh1te Ireland is. We know. Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Seeing the same rehashed thread in AH every month annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

engrish? wrote: »
    Little annoyances.... Things that shouldn't do....but make me fricking crazy;

Not as much but when I call to order a pizza and they answer "Hello" - I have to say "can I order a pizza please?" every time, i'm not going to ask you the distance to the moon or the diameter of the earth..... Why not answer "Can i take your order please?"

Anyone else? No? yeah?

So you rang a pizza place....and asked if you could order a pizza?

LMAO. Did he catch you on the hop by saying 'Hello'? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

having to wear an unpressed shirt, ****in hate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Anchorman quotes are not funny. Ever. That SNL cow bell sketch has gotten quite a bit of milage as well. Also not funny.

• Advertisement

Extremely large women that wear t-shirts that are way too small:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

What he will say

|
    |
    |
    V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Extremely large women that wear t-shirts that are way too small:eek:

You were obviously watching tv3 the other night...........oh wait, they weren't actually wearing t-shirts..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

^
    |
    |
    |

What he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Eircom, for their little ambition, pettiness, and vision for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Anyone else? No? yeah?

My missus drunkenly rang dominos one night and asked "do you deliver to (address)"...when they said yes she asked "will you go to burger king for me?

Another time she called one of those tv psychics and when the woman asked for her name she replied "you aren't very good are you?"..and hung up. She was drunk that time too.

I think my missus has a drink problem but she's a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

'Grinds My Gears' style threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Dinosaur enthusiasts.
    Get over it ffs,they've been dead for millions of years. :pac:

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Dinosaur enthusiasts.
    Get over it ffs,they've been dead for millions of years. :pac:

Err...I think you'll find the HSE and Mary Hearney very much alive.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

Over use of the words 'actually' and 'obviously'. The latter usually by some dumb footballer post match......'eh, obviously they're the team to beat and eh obviously I think we eh, put in a good performance. Obviously.'

• Advertisement

Lazare wrote: »
    Over use of the words 'actually' and 'obviously'. The latter usually by some dumb footballer post match......'eh, obviously they're the team to beat and eh obviously I think we eh, put in a good performance. Obviously.'

Absolutely ... you know.....like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Rining someone on meteor and getting their answering machine only to hear "To leave a message for someone else, press 4" - Why would I want to leave a message for someone else? Would I not ring them?

think this happens when someone sets their phone to divert calls to 171 instead of what it should be (your phone code)5(your number) ie 08751234567

Lazare wrote: »

don't forget "basically"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Little annoyances are the things that annoy me most. Then I get a little annoyed about being so annoyed, and then.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

bluewolf wrote: »
    don't forget "basically"

Overuse of the word "fantastic" by the plebs in our society since their self-appointed spokesman G. Ryan was foisted on our ears in the mid-80s. :(
    By equal measure, the American overuse of the word 'awesome' is equally nauseating.
    Not sure who's to blame for this one, but, believe me, there is a bullet waiting for them. :D

Find some new superlatives you morons!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

i love lamp

Advertisement