Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best way to stop Gangland Murders

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I dunno, I suspect the Gardai are happy enough as long as they are just going to kill each other and remained locked into a few dismal estates in Limerick and Dublin. When the Dublin gangs were destroyed, gangs from Limerick took over, if Limerick gangs are destroyed, it could easily be a gang from Cork, Galway or wherever. There will always be gangs as long as there is demand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Or drop them all off on a remote island to fend for themselves, and have a helicopter drop off bags of weapons ( enough for everyone ) , and leave them to it.
    Mix like with like and the numbers wouldn't be long dwindling.

We can make our own version of "Lost":)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Relevant wrote: »
    But the people who buy the drugs that fund the gangs are entirely innocent?

Yes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Yes.

LoL.

It was suggested a few years ago that Limerick's gangs should be let stand at either end of Thomond Park with as much weaponry as they liked, last man standing wins/goes to prison.
    Of course you couldn't say that these days. The stadium is too valuable now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Cut the head of the snake, And The snake will die...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Cut the head of the snake, And The snake will die...

That doesn't work with worms though. Or cockroaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

shot on the spot??

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fuzzballs

The best way was to always treat these crimes as murder. And pursue like any murder case. To late now. This Irish notion of let all the scumbags kill each other is just so idiotic. What we have done is let these criminals know they can murder somebody and get away with it. And that is what they are doing. People used to get shot if they were Mr Big. Now its over €500 debts. Coincidence. I dont think so. They know the murder will not be investigated properly and have nearly a 100% of not getting caught.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Relevant wrote: »
    There's only one way to ultimately solve the issue and that is to remove the environment that these people operate in.

By that I mean, the wider public need to take a good hard look at themselves and decide if they want to leave it as acceptable to consume recreational drugs such as cannabis, ecstasy, cocaine etc. at parties and night clubs and what not. Or do they want to stop incidents like this happening. If so, they must condemn this type of activity, not with words but with their own actions. Stop using recreational drugs, stop buying knock off consumer products from the back of trucks etc.

If they do want innocent people dead, then all they need to do is to keep providing these people with the market to supply and the people will keep being killed. But if they don't want innocent people dead, then they must cast aside their old ways.

There's no point in moral indignation on the streets if the people don't want to take action themselves. Their own lifestyle should be the first port of call for analysing. Not scrutiny of the Gardaí or the government or legislation...

So ridiculous. What this person is asking is for humans to fundamentally change the way we are made. We all seek out bigger highs and thrills. Drugs do this quite well.

It's never going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Citizen

The only way to stop gangland killing is to wipe out the scum. They must be annihilated and their crushing must start from the bottom up. The scum walking the streets of this city, harassing the normals and making life very difficult in these tough economic times. I am at war with the scum with the hope that my work will lead to a day where this country is scum-free and people can once again say they are proud to be Irish.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I know ill meet a wave of typical irish ignorance when I say this, but prohibition doesnt work - Its plain to see!

Legalisation of soft drugs (cannabis, psilocybin) and a great program of education would go a long way towards quelling the domestic narcotics drugs trade. Although, after writing this piece, ive realised our government can barely run the education system as it is, whthout adding what is perhaps one of the most important aspects of modern ireland - drug use.

The way it is, (and yeah, change wont happen) people, both innocent and gang members, will continue to perish in these shores for years and years to come. Drug usage rates will continue to rise, and we will reach a point where the governments will end up having to do what should be done now, ie, soften their stance on the softer stuff (follow in the UK's footsteps with cannabis) along with educating the inhabitants of areas in which high drug usage may be libale to occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The only way to stop gangland killing is to wipe out the scum. They must be annihilated and their crushing must start from the bottom up. The scum walking the streets of this city, harassing the normals and making life very difficult in these tough economic times. I am at war with the scum with the hope that my work will lead to a day where this country is scum-free and people can once again say they are proud to be Irish.

Ah, Smithy, it's hard to know where to draw the line with you.
    I keep hoping that one time I will tip one of those lines you are so fond of and information will erupt like a volcano.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

And why do 'scum' develop in society?

Are they born with bad minds and are marginilisation and lack of education/resources out of the equation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

I remember this campaign in Thailand having a very great effect at the time:

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2008/11/12/thailand-new-anti-drug-campaign-risks-abuses

That they are launching it again is interesting and must be a testament to the resilience of the drugs trade.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The only way to stop gangland killing is to wipe out the scum. They must be annihilated and their crushing must start from the bottom up.
    Ahhahahahahahah - that's funny. Yeah great idea, why don't we just solve world hunger and world peace while we are at it! Look, even if by some feat of magic, every person in this country that was in any way ever involved in illegal activity or generally being a nacker - suddenly vanished off the earth, within a few weeks months we'd be back to square one, cause for every criminal boss or drug dealer that is killed, there is some young lad waiting there ready to take his place.

It's like trying to destroy a field by pulling up one blade of grass at a time.

These guys are not afraid of anyone, and long jail sentences or the real chance of being shot does not make them give up their empire and go get a job in McDonalds. They think they are the Tony Montana of Finglas!

No civilisation in history as been able to wipe out all the bad guys.

If anyone had read a book called "Wikinomics", there was a mayor and police chief in New York who started a big campaign on petty crime. Basically saying that if you arrest a guy for p1ssing in the street, he could be on his way to a murder or rob a bank. It was hailed as a success, but really it was not. The dip in crime rate coincided exactly with the results of a country case called "Roe vs Wade" - this was the law that made abortion legal in the US.

There are far too many children growing up in this country, who are simply destined for a life of crime. Who's fault it that? That's another argument all together...

• Advertisement
Advertisement