Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU cares about Broadband for the bog. Shock!

Options
  • 15-12-2003 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

eEurope Workshop to exchange experience of local and regional initiatives to speed up the roll out of broadband networks.

The workshop will discuss current local and regional initiatives to extend the reach of broadband in remote and rural areas where market forces alone are not yet sufficient to support its roll out.

Full press release

edit:
    Also I see that Bertie and mates took time out from (not) sorting out the new European Constitution at the weekend to discuss Broadband. Quote from the Council consclusions:

Telecommunications The European Council invites the Commission to propose in its telecommunications report to the Spring 2004 European Council concrete actions to be taken by the Member States to improve the conditions of 3G mobile communications and broadband development in Europe.

Maye its time to set up "Europe-offline" and get a bit of international PR on behalf of consumers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Adam and I have both been invited , we got the Comreg slot because Comreg had too many jollies in 2003

Adam will do ALL the real talking , níl ionamsa ach aistritheoir :D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Me too.

Ryanair have upped the flight prices for that weekend too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nobody invites me to anything any more Muck. I tried to join a political party via their website recently and I haven't heard anything back since. And it's one of the more progressive ones on the technology front, so they won't be just looking at it dumbfounded or poking at it with sticks or anything. I reckon it's the tinfoil hat. I've it mounted on the roof of the car now, it won't fit on my head any more.

adam

Advertisement