Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky card change?

Options
  • 28-10-2014 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭

Reports coming through the various forums that a new red card change is imminent.

Good news for the folk who actually pay for their services no doubt & well overdue mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Yea seen the new red sky card digidude posted a pic over on digitalworldz sqeeky bums times i say .

Yea seen the new red sky card digidude posted a pic over on digitalworldz sqeeky bums times i say .

Why is it squeaky bum time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Why is it squeaky bum time?
    I think it means interesting times for those using card sharing or other trickery to get sky without actually having a (very expensive) contract directly with sky, and a pensive wait to see if their cheapo access to dozens of channels will stay in tact with the new cards/ encoding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mallagio wrote: »
    Reports coming through the various forums that a new red card change is imminent.

Good news for the folk who actually pay for their services no doubt & well overdue mind.

Yep, I heard that Sky are gonna reduce all subscription prices by 25% once they cut out the illegal card sharing.......

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tjspock

ha very good!!1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Only new customers are getting them, and people who need replacement cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭cornholiooo

I don't think they will need to change everyone's cards to stop it....
    Sky italia etc.,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I don't think they will need to change everyone's cards to stop it....
    Sky italia etc.,,,

perhaps not but it might put it back to square one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

The last two card changes were at 5 year intervals. Last one was in 2010. I would expect this to be completed during the first half of 2015 based on that.

It always happens like this with various snippets of speculation. I think they have to change them as part of some kind of contract with NDS?! Not 100% on that one.

Advertisement