Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter cell :Conviction Collector's Edition

Options
  • 16-03-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy Splinter Cell :Conviction Collector's Edition for the PC.
    The problem is, I'm looking to buy the american version of the game. Basically because I amn't too mad about the Sam Fisher figurine.
    Looking for this one

I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. Only the UK/EU version is on sale on game.co.uk.

Anyone got any ideas on where to buy it?
    SCL50519_ProdShot_Art_02.jpgSCL50519_ProdShot_Art_02.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Wouldn't it of been cool if the cases actually had bullet holes in them.

*imagines a Ubisoft contest where the winner gets to unload AK47's into the assembly line*

Also, leaked footage of the game in action on the PC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Is this the model you are looking for?

Game has it listed on it's uk website as being an "Exclusive" so I'd imagine that means they're the only ones to have it available over this end of the world.

Also, just to warn you even though your heart seems set on getting the game, it will be using the new UBI(fail)soft drm which requires a constant connection to their servers, the same servers which have been suffering from repeated downtime due to DDoS attacks.

Edit: Bugger, I really need to read threads properly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Well, that's another game I won't be able to buy. Even if I was willing to live with the malware, I use a mobile dongle, and they never stay connected reliably.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't think that limited edition is available on the PC. The disc and box in the image are Xbox 360, and Amazon.com say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont want to start a new thread but this game sucked.

Its like they played Batman and thought it was good and basically just replaced everything with guns and grenades.

Some of the levels are impossible to clear without killing everyone, glad i didnt buy it on release 3 hours of singleplayer for 50 quid is a bit of a ripoff considering every level is near identical. Very lazy attempt if there is another the makers should be forced to play the 1st splinter cell and told to remake that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont want to start a new thread but this game sucked.

Its like they played Batman and thought it was good and basically just replaced everything with guns and grenades.

Some of the levels are impossible to clear without killing everyone, glad i didnt buy it on release 3 hours of singleplayer for 50 quid is a bit of a ripoff considering every level is near identical. Very lazy attempt if there is another the makers should be forced to play the 1st splinter cell and told to remake that!
    FFS where did you dig this thread up from?? lol

i have a feeling this will get closed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FFS where did you dig this thread up from?? lol

i have a feeling this will get closed lol

The date is ^^ there, crap game avoid even if its a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The date is ^^ there, crap game avoid even if its a fiver.
    sorry lol just love it when ancient threads get dragged up lol yes agree though the game is average

Advertisement