Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Corps - Uprising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Wow, how can it be that this thread has no replies?!

Anyways Retr0, in case you haven't seen them, some videos of Hard Core have surfaced online. This one shows 2 minutes of single player, and then this video shows the same section in co-op.

I think the co-op video is the better one to watch, really shows off the game at it's best. Just look at the backgrounds as the player runs by, the art is fantastic! It's a great blend of 3D and 2D art but I think that the use of 3D models in some parts is a bit jarring. I can't wait to see more of this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Haven't played much Contra, but this looks like great fun. Love the character animations and general graphical style!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

A 2010 version of Gryzor! :D ahh remember the
    days of the CPC464 green screen and thinking Contra/Gryzor was the best game ever.

~B

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those videos really domake it look absolutely fantastic, really can't wait for this. I love the dash/air dash move than the counter move that sends bullets back towards enemies. My only gripe is the energy bar, Contra should be one hit kills! I suppose there's probbaly an option to make it one hit kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ahh contra i missed you.
    What platform is this game gonna be for?

EDIT : Xbox live link :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure it will be PSN as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Hard Corp was too hard!

Contra 3 on the SNES was waaay better.

Have to totally disagree there. Hard Corp was so much better than Contra 3. Contra 3 I feel is over rated because it was a very early snes games and I feel it's one of the weaker games in the series. Since the over head stages are rubbish there's really only 4 good stages in the game and it's way too easy with only the missile boss being a challenge. Hard Corp on the other hand was awesome, filled with bosses and stages that were all good, 4 different endings and a secret stage as well and if it was too hard it's because you didn't put enough effort into it. And it's not that tough, I beat it when I was 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Looks a great game, I recently D/L contra on XBLA its as rock hard as ever, don't know if the 30 lives cheat is still usable on it though.

It's the arcade version so no 30 man cheat. I wouldn't useit anyway, it totally ruins the game and anyway it's perfectly beatable with the standard 3 lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Have to totally disagree there. Hard Corp was so much better than Contra 3. Contra 3 I feel is over rated because it was a very early snes games and I feel it's one of the weaker games in the series. Since the over head stages are rubbish there's really only 4 good stages in the game and it's way too easy with only the missile boss being a challenge. Hard Corp on the other hand was awesome, filled with bosses and stages that were all good, 4 different endings and a secret stage as well and if it was too hard it's because you didn't put enough effort into it. And it's not that tough, I beat it when I was 12.

Contra 3 is one best games for the SNES, the bosses were brilliantly imaginative, and I found it very difficult ( I was 9). The over head sections weren't as good i'll grant. The bosses and music still stick in my head to this day.

Graphics on Hard corps weren't up to it, but I probably didn't give it much time because of the difficulty.

It's the arcade version so no 30 man cheat. I wouldn't useit anyway, it totally ruins the game and anyway it's perfectly beatable with the standard 3 lives.

Well retr0gamer I wish I had your skills I can only get to stage 3 and then I'm toast. I really need that cheat........ help me Jebus

Well I love Contra 3 but it's a bit disappointing. Contra Hard Corp maybe touhg but it just takes a bit of patience to see it out. It's a far better game with way more levels and bosses and even if the graphics it's because the game runs at 60 FPS and pulls off some graphical effects that the megadrive should never have been able to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well retr0gamer I wish I had your skills I can only get to stage 3 and then I'm toast. I really need that cheat........ help me Jebus
    Just keep trying over from the start.
    You used to do that when you were younger, right?

Be patient, learn, and ye shall persevere.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Just keep trying over from the start.
    You used to do that when you were younger, right?

Be patient, learn, and ye shall persevere.

Oh yea I used to run home from school to play games but that was when I had lots of time, nowdays its a different story altogether and I only get to play my Xbox twice a week

I suppose that will do it. When I beat contra hard corps I was playing it solidly over about 2 months. Sure I could 1 credit Ghouls n'Ghosts back then and supposedly it's one of the hardest games ever because I played it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,530 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Graphics on Hard corps weren't up to it, but I probably didn't give it much time because of the difficulty.

Lies! Hard Corps looks beautiful. Fantastic sountrack too. I really do love that game.

Oh and Probotector 4 life, yo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So this is finally out next week. Some achievements are seriously hard corps core, though.... Ready for a challenge, retr0? :)

The definition of a warrior! 25
    [ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions without picking up any weapon items

I'll make them pay... 30
    [ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions without dying

The Strongest Warrior 20
    [ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions

Innate Guerilla Warfare 25
    [ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions without defeating more than 50 Privates.

They aren't that bad. Anyone that A or S ranked shattered soldier should be fine. It's nit like the Megaman 9 achievements!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

They aren't that bad. Anyone that A or S ranked shattered soldier should be fine. It's nit like the Megaman 9 achievements!

Shattered soldier and neo contra (to a lesser extent) were magic. If uprising is anything like those i'll be all over it like a cheap italian suit.

• Advertisement

bugs wrote: »
    Shattered soldier and neo contra (to a lesser extent) were magic. If uprising is anything like those i'll be all over it like a cheap italian suit.

Pity so few people bought them and the press slated them since they were really good, in particular Shattered Soldier. It's a completely new team making this game but Arc System Works know how to make an old school game and are also the best in the business for marrying 2D art work with 3D backgrounds so I've big hopes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aha, the sweet joys of dying over and over and yet it always being your fault as opposed to the games :)

Brilliant game that completely gets the retro vibe down. This is learning patterns, finding weapons that suit you, uber bosses and needing to master your character. And, of course, dying a bit. But it feels fair, and a welcome challenge. Have played the first level and a half, and it's great fun. It's extremely varied already - first level alone has five or six very different areas (
    motorbike chases!
    ). And the sprites are absolutely gorgeous, excellent anime artstyle.

I dig.

This game really is excellent. Wish I had that money for the full thing.

Advertisement