Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect to PSN? (Eircom) Please Help!

Options
  • 26-10-2014 1:11am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Weird issue here. Switched to eFibre not too long ago when I moved house. (No other high speed providers in area) Using Eircom F1000 modem.

I'm pretty sure I tested my PS3 when eFibre was installed and it worked fine. (I'm a Playstation Plus member and downloaded games.)

I bought a new game today (Alien Isolation) and went to go online to download the bonus content. That's when my issues began.

PS3 downloaded system update without issue.
    Logged into PSN without issue

Tried to log into PS Store but it hung on one of the early PS Storr screens. Pressed Power button and it took a while to switch off. When switching back on it told me that I hadn't shut down system properly and had to check system etc

No issues found when it ran check.

Did an Connection Test. IP/internet/PSN succeed. Everything else fails.

Googling port forwarding I managed to set up some port forwarding/UPnP changes. Switched firewall to off.

Re-ran test and As before IP/Internet/PSN worked and also UPnP shows available and Nat is type 2. However connection speed up and down is blank and a message runs at bottom saying "the router in use may not support IP fragments. Etc etc. Pleas contact router manufacturer."

Google not much help. Any idea what's going on?

Still not getting getting on to PS Store. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'm on UPC and I am having the same issue since last night too. Tried again this morning and still the same.

I'm hoping it resolves itself some time today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mise wrote: »
    I'm on UPC and I am having the same issue since last night too. Tried again this morning and still the same.

Interesting. Thought it was me. Let me know if it comes back for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

mise wrote: »

Ya I'm having the same problem too. Can't get on to the store. I tried it through Eircom and a Meteor wireless modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

My lads couldnt connect to PSN on Ps3 with sky bb either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm using Eircom fibre and I can connect to psn no bother. It must be a localised problem. By any chance do ye live close together?

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm using Eircom fibre and I can connect to psn no bother. It must be a localised problem. By any chance do ye live close together?

Living in Galway

matt360 wrote: »
    Living in Galway

I'm in North Tipp. I checked there again and it's working grand for me. Dunno what the story is with everyone else...

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm in North Tipp. I checked there again and it's working grand for me. Dunno what the story is with everyone else...

I can connect to Netflix/vidzone/youtube no problem. It's just the ps store I can't connect to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

matt360 wrote: »
    I can connect to Netflix/vidzone/youtube no problem. It's just the ps store I can't connect to.

This.
    I'm in Dublin

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Also having trouble connecting to the PS Store, glad it's not just me! Can connect to PSN no bother.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Can not connect In Galway for ps3 here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Same here, cant connect, psn down. came back on a minute ago and tried to download the headset app, like 78mb and it says will take 5 hours ^^ ..... on a 75mb fibre... sony would really want to sort their **** out, this aint no free service no more for this carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, having some issues here too. All other devices are working fine. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Down here too. Signed me off PSN and now I can't get on to anything. Ah well, still have my PC for today I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Feck sake. Xbox live rarely has these issues. PSN should be no different seems as we pay for it now. Get it together Sony

Folks don't take this as bragging, because it's not but for some reason mine is working grand. Much laggier than usual but working nonetheless.

I've seen hundreds of people from different countries having varying degrees of the same problem so there's definitely something fairly big going on. Once again, we play the waiting game with Sony to see what the problem is. This could take a while to fix...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Polar101

Also got problems with PSN store not working (Dublin, UPC) - this was just after I changed the PS3 clock back, so I thought it broke something. Don't have any internet problems on any other devices, so I assume this is Sony / PS3 only.

The annoying thing is I rarely use the PS store but I wanted to pick up some of the games that are on offer for Halloween :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I've the same on PS3. PS4 is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The annoying thing is I rarely use the PS store but I wanted to pick up some of the games that are on offer for Halloween :p

I bought the games on the website and used the download to PS3 option on the site and it downloaded no bother. Couldn't access the store through the console though.

Will try that, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Anybody still having this issue it is still not going into the store for me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Having trouble connecting to the PS Store on PS3. It freezes every time I go to the main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Mine fixed itself, to a certain degree last night. But it remains hit and miss. Sometimes the stores loads up, but mostly it freezes and requires a switch off and back on scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Tried yesterday on the PS3, console just froze on me, no choice but to hard reset after ten+ minutes of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wrongtarget

I'm having the same issue. UPC in Navan here.

Quick question, if anybody has FF Realm Reborn, could they let me know if you can get past the launcher? It freezes for me too but I can't find any info on the internet and I wonder if it's related to this problem.
    Thanks!

There was an update for the Store today and it's working again for me

Working for me after the update as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Not working with eircom here. Even after update. Wired or wireless. Jus keeps lagging where the loading bars are. I have a 18mbps speed which should be sufficient enough.

Advertisement