Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone.ie

Options
  • 12-04-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Problems, problems, problems

Im really getting annoyed with carzone and just sent them an email.Bloody none of their pictures are working.I have an advert up and i had to load my pictures up over 5times because their system keeps deleting them.I have check nearly 20 pages and none of the pictures work

Does anyone know whats going on.Its really Pi$$ing me off now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Noticed the pictures problem aswell.

Also, any site that has 'powered by carzone' are having the same problems.

eeerrrgh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Yes I've two ads up at the moment and i'm tempted to ask for some kind of compensation....very annoying :mad:
    prospect wrote:
    Also, any site that has 'powered by carzone' are having the same problems.
    Do you mean webzone.ie? I noticed http://www.sportandclassic.ie/ is down too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

fletch wrote:
    Yes I've two ads up at the moment and i'm tempted to ask for some kind of compensation....very annoying :mad:
    for what? you don't pay per day do you...... has anyone called them?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

yea same here i have also noticed that it is taking longer for the page to come up when i log on and some times doesnt come up at all

steve06 wrote:
    for what? you don't pay per day do you...... has anyone called them?
    I'm paying for a service which I am not receiving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

fletch wrote:

Yes you should, i only have a 2k car up for sale but as you said sports and classic must me annoyed and other companies powered by them.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

fletch wrote:
    I'm paying for a service which I am not receiving.
    Is your ad still live?

steve06 wrote:
    Is your ad still live?

Yes they are live but theres no pictures.

steve06 wrote:
    Is your ad still live?
    It is :) But part of the service is the ability to post pictures of your car. It greatly increases your chances of a viewing/sale, hence why people pay the €30 over buyandsell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah i noticed this also. A right pain in the ass.

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    It is :) But part of the service is the ability to post pictures of your car. It greatly increases your chances of a viewing, hence why people pay the €30 over buyandsell.

Yeah fletch you are right, The main advantage of carzone was the viewing of pictures.

just got off the phone from them there they are doing updates to there system and say they should be finished today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'm waiting for the muppets in Car Buyers Guide to come on here with a special offer now that the competition are having a small difficulty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Apart from today's issue, I've always had issues with the pages displaying correctly using Firefox... specifically when you drill down to a specific car.. the layout of the page is always screwed up, thumbnails usually lower right hand of the screen and the display is distorted.

I usually unfortunately lower myself and use IE to browse Carzone :mad: anyone else seen these issues browsing Carzone using Firefox?

Darragh29 wrote:
    I'm waiting for the muppets in Car Buyers Guide to come on here with a special offer now that the competition are having a small difficulty...

They might, just like the smart telecom senario :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

fletch wrote:

Good luck with that. Some people eh :rolleyes:
    http://www.carzone.ie/index.cfm?fuseaction=TermsConditions

9. Liability and Indemnity
    9.2 From time to time, the Publisher will need to carry out maintenance work on its equipment and systems, and shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that, in doing so, reasonable notice is given and minimum disruption to the Service is caused. However, the Advertiser acknowledges that the Publisher cannot guarantee that the Service will be continuously available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

fletch wrote:

Yeah, and alot of individual dealer websites link to carzone for their used cars stock.

well i am sure any company who use them will not be happy and they should of recieved somthing telling them that they are doing updates and there might be a few problems once and as someone said they dont pay by the day that is true but the longer the ad is up the more the people think there is something wrong with the car or why is it not being sold so he has a point about the service

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It seems to have completely fallen over now - every link is just bringing me to an error report page.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

do i need to reupload my pictures now or will they reappear later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Cyrus wrote:

Wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If carzone are indeed doing upgrades to their system they should wait until an appropriate time as to limit the impact of service to their customers. In other words any upgrades or maintenance should be done late at night when there is very little traffic on the site.

The company I work for carry out maintenance or upgrades to their systems which results in user outage but it is only done at a time that has the minimum impact to their customers. If we did that during the day we would be out of business. Emergency work is communicated to the customers.

Cyrus wrote:
    it looks like we have to reload them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

I was told that there is a hosting move and the pictures are being transferred over to the new servers; should all be back at some stage tomorrow without anyone needing to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

IF they are moving host - how about announcing this on the website, putting it into maintenance mode or even informing customers via email???

BUT even worse than not showing pictures... at the moment some cars link random pictures of other cars... which IMHO is indicative of some other system problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

Have any amusing examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

edit:deleted - all good now

not quite a 3.2l coupe in my books..

happened to see that when looking at cars from that garage...

edit:
    even better
    edit:deleted - all good now

The pictures are back but the small x's are still there which states theres no pictures there.Hope you get what i mean :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 magairli

some of the pictures are still working - if you click on the (missing, x-ed out) thumbnails, they sometimes show the bigger picture as usual.

they've been really desperately lately - some outages late in the evening. i hope for their sake it's because they're moving host! victims of their own success it would seem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

all is good now....

Advertisement