Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coombe visiting

Options
  • 12-07-2014 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Am I correct in saying that your SO can't stay with you overnight? The pink card only seems to be valid until 9. What happens if you are in labor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Am I correct in saying that your SO can't stay with you overnight? The pink card only seems to be valid until 9. What happens if you are in labor?

If you are in labour your partner can be there, they just aren't allowed on the ward at night time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If your partner is in established labour (3cms) or being induced (on a drip) you can be there (once they're in a delivery suite on their own), if not then you are sent home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Thanks x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Best advice is to stay at home until the contractions are coming really close together or she feels she needs alternative pain relief. If waters have broken, ring the hospital for advice, they may ask you to come in to check you out but usually send you home again and if contractions don't start bring you in 24 hours later to be induced.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

If waters have broken they keep you in. Unfortunately I know this from experience and a VERY long night of walking corridors to try to get things moving. I sent himself home as my contractions hadn't started, but they hadn't mentioned anything about him staying or going, it was something we decided ourselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement