Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco credit card points

Options
  • 29-09-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Recently we signed up for the tesco credit card. Their literature tells us that for every €2 that is spent using the card, you receive 1 point, along with the regular tesco points if you are shopping in tesco and so on.

So the other night I put in €75 worth of petrol at tesco and paid with the tesco cc. At the bottom of the receipt I see that i received 75 points for that translation. However, I was expecting the 75 + 37 more points as per the using of the card.

So I rang tesco bank when I got in and they confirmed I should have got the points and they added them on. I asked why the extra points didn't reflect at the till and on my receipt and was told it was a glitch and it should be fine. I stressed the point that I didn't want to have to ring up each time to get these bonus points added, and I was assured this wouldnt be the case.

So tonight I was in tesco and spent €21 on groceries. Again I paid with the tesco cc and at the bottom of my receipt I received the standard 21 points. No more.

Anyone else noticed this? Is this how it's supposed to be with the extra points? I need to ring to get them added or will they appear in a later statement?

Here's the link the fuel offer http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/benefits.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It will never be on your receipt.

When you get your clubcard statement it will say
    Points from Shopping: 1200 etc.
    Points from Tesco Filling Station: 200 etc.
    Points from Tesco Bank: 3500 etc.

If you are worries, keep you receipts just in case, the vouchers are out in Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It will never be on your receipt.

When you get your clubcard statement it will say
    Points from Shopping: 1200 etc.
    Points from Tesco Filling Station: 200 etc.
    Points from Tesco Bank: 3500 etc.

If you are worries, keep you receipts just in case, the vouchers are out in Nov.

Thanks for that. I'll hold onto the receipts this time round to ensure there's no discrepancies.

I have logged into the tesco.ie site but not once has my balance been available to see how many points I have. Is this the norm? I did mention it to them on the phone and was told it should all be fine and to check back in a few mins but checking again tonight it still didn't show the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I don't have a tesco visa card anymore, but when I did I only saw my clubcard balance on my vouchers statement, the receipts in store only show points from what you bought, not the extra points from usinng a visa card.

Advertisement