Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No calls from Done Deal to sell my car

• 23-07-2014 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Anyone know anywhere else I could advertise my car... Good car well priced... But no one is calling... Anywhere else??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Share the ad with us and maybe we can point you in the right direction and maybe why it's not selling.

If it wont sell there, it won't sell anywhere.

Give us some details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭jenjoeful

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Share the ad with us and maybe we can point you in the right direction and maybe why it's not selling.

If it wont sell there, it won't sell anywhere.

Give us some details.

Pm'd you the ad.....

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

what sort of car is it??

stick the ad here and you could find a buyer…or adverts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

this question could be better suited to motors forum.

It won't let me post a URL...
    But 2006 Audi a3 1.9tdi 95,000 miles blue... Can't miss it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

"Needs no work ",sounds like what a back street dodgy .trader would say .

Is the left front wheel arch into bumper damaged ? Looks damaged in two photos, any service history or history check available ?

MO reg is not a help in dublin

Picture quailty leaves a lot to be desired. Drop to 6950 for a start and keep dropping til sold

Bigus wrote: »
    "Needs no work ",sounds like what a back street dodgy .trader would say .

Is the left front wheel arch into bumper damaged ? Looks damaged in two photos, any service history or history check available ?

MO reg is not a help in dublin

Picture quailty leaves a lot to be desired. Drop to 6950 for a start and keep dropping til sold

Ok I've changed the needs no work the brand new Nct and timing belt done says that...

I took the photo on a real sunny day... The car does look really nice in person. There is a dent... I bought the car with it in it, as did the person I bought it off... I bearly notice it. I even forget it's there....

Service history yes but not from an Audi garage...
    I'm pretty sure the back seats were never really sat in... They are spotless... The entire car is!
    A friend put an older a4 up on Sunday and it was sold and gone today. My car is way better... Nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Spotless car inside and out...if you excuse the prang on the front arch and bumper. That's about 400 at least to sort out meaning that's close on 8k for an 8 year old averagely specced A3.

Needs to be cheaper - I'd be knocking below 7k to show up on more searches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Overpriced. Quick search and I saw 2 with similar mileage, better spec for 6500.
    I would say closer to 6k you would sell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Different photos from different location are not helping either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

5,500€ mate...
    Sorry I know the feeling, it's really hard to hear.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

ardle1 wrote: »
    5,500€ mate...
    Sorry I know the feeling, it's really hard to hear.....

Alot of buyers hate uneven money so thats 5k in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

lose the photo on top of the yellow letters and substitute a better one (and more of the exterior). Not spotless when it has a dent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If youre calling it spotless when its obviously not then it makes me wonder what else you are exaggerating/leaving out of the ad. Might only seem a small thing but youre asking people to take a €7k punt on your car, so its best if the ad is honest imo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

"Very economical" shouldn't be listed under extras.

Does it have a service history? What about other equipment - power steering, remote central locking, electric windows, alloy wheels etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just RE the photos, please just re-do them, and use a camera other than the one you used first. Sunny or not you should be able to get good photos so long as you don't point into the sun.

I'd imagine there is a good market for these cars, good looking, one of the best colours, alloys, diesel etc. But the price is very rich imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

People are saving their money for holidays right now. Come September/October, kids going back to school and college, it'll be more of a seller's market.
    I agree that ads have to be truthful. Your capital is the buyer's trust.
    Edit: the car looks pretty nice to me, but perhaps you might photograph it in a nicer-looking place? Drive it to somewhere pretty and countrysidey like the Featherbeds, and photograph it close-up from several angles, and also in a longer view with the mountains rolling away behind it, so people can go "Oooh, I could be driving *there*, in *that car*"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

I'd say be honest about the dent. Include a close-up photo and say it's the only blemish on an otherwise spotless car.

And the price would put me off too. I know you don't want to hear this but the market will decide the price. If you get no calls, the market has decided it's too dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Gosub wrote: »
    If you get no calls, the market has decided it's too dear.

Sums it up really. If its priced right then it will attract interest. Unless it is something very specialized (which its not), if its not attracting calls then it is because buyers see it as being too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

3 things going against you that I can see straight away:

1. It's priced too high
    2. The MO plate (I'm not looking to start a flame war but it is what it is, a lot of people will not buy cars from MO or DL)
    3. The fact you made no mention of the dent says to any prospecitive buyer that you're not honest, if you tried hiding the dent (thats what is looks like regardless if that was your intent) then what else have you hidden?

Just on that last point, if you were buying this car, rang the seller, was assured the car is 'spotless' or 'mint' and then travelled (maybe considerible distance if you live the other side of the country) to see it only to find out its not as described, would you be happy?

I'd be raging and either telling to go away in a non-polite manner or offering sh!t money on account I have to fix the damage, have the car completely checked front to back by a mechanic, not only would I be reducing the price relative to what its going to cost me to fix it, I'd be reducing it further for the inconveniece you're putting me through.

You'd either accept the offer (having got way less then you expected for the car) or decline, in which case, both our time has been wasted.

I'm genuinely not trying to have a go at you, but the amount of times I've arrived out to look at a car or bike to find it not as described is unreal, if you're just blatantly honest about things it saves a lot of messing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

its not always a price issue, I would rather renew the ad more frequently for E5, than be lobbing E500 off it every few weeks, unless you are in a rush to sell. I think carzone.ie is only E5 now aswell, so worth putting it up there too...
    2. The MO plate (I'm not looking to start a flame war but it is what it is, a lot of people will not buy cars from MO or DL)
    yeah and this would probably apply most to bm, audi and merc...

in fairness to the current ad, at least the seller has her name up and can spell! as soon as I see tires etc or contact "seller" etc forget it. Also this might sounds stupid, but I prefer 086 or 087 numbers.

Advertisement