Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Clubs stolen

• 03-07-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

Stolen from boot of my car while I was at a conference in Citywest Hotel.
    Just in case anyone comes across them for sale: Taylormade R11S (can't misss this as it has a purple shaft) Taylormade Superfast 2.0 3 wood and Taylormade R9 irons.

The one I would really to be happy to get back would be the Putter (Oddysey B5) that I've had for years :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Dbu

Stolen from boot of my car while I was at a conference in Citywest Hotel.
    Just in case anyone comes across them for sale: Taylormade R11S (can't misss this as it has a purple shaft) Taylormade Superfast 2.0 3 wood and Taylormade R9 irons.

The one I would really to be happy to get back would be the Putter (Oddysey B5) that I've had for years :(

Thats ****e, surely cameras in citywest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

They are looking they tell me. They have a camera that scans the areas so not certain will be on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Bummer OP, sorry to hear that. Hope they find something on camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Sorry to hear that. Are you a member of a club with Golfsure insurance by any chance? Probably the best course of action to recouping some of the stolen value as car insurance isn't very good in that regard.

Out of interest what sort of car do you drive, SUV or estate with clubs visible? Any golf paraphernalia left in the back of the car to suggest you're a golfer? Seems strange to break into and steal a set of golf clubs unless it was a targetting job and they knew what they were after especially in a place like Citywest where most visitors now wouldn't be golfers. Not easy lift and do a runner with a set if clubs or sell them second hand either. Hope they're returned.

There was a couple of golf balls in my very untidy car so maybe that gave them the idea. It's a saloon so clubs out of sight and it just so happened that the clubs were stacked neatly on top of everything otherwise they'd still have been wrestling trying to get them out when I came back :(.

*I might just have golfsure insurance, just waiting to hear back from club to see if covered. It's Arklow btw so any Arklow members know the deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

It's rampant in the place. I am there regularly. I can assure you, the "scanning camera" won't have picked anything up... c**ts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sorry to hear that. Are you a member of a club with Golfsure insurance by any chance? Probably the best course of action to recouping some of the stolen value as car insurance isn't very good in that regard.

Afraid car insurance ain't designed for contents insurance, house insurance the best alternative outside GolfSure and certainly the only option I'm aware of if you are not affiliated to a golf club or society and therefore GolfSure not applicable.
    ****ing ba$ta5ds.

Cameras in hotel saw nothing apparently. Thanks for responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Cameras in hotel saw nothing apparently. Thanks for responses.

Carpark there is notorious for cars being broken into... has been for years.. no one ever gets caught... "security" personnel haven't changed in the 10 years I'm using the place... go figure...

Advertisement