Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Semi Sealed CH System

• 17-11-2014 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Some years ago I had to replace my gas boiler. My original system was an open system (header tank in attic). While the new gas boiler was designed as a sealed system, it was installed as an open system as I did not want to take the risk of pressurising my pipework. Some years later I had a Vokera man out looking at a problem with the boiler, and he recommended that I convert it to a semi-sealed system by removing the overflow to the header tank (the system already has an accumulator/pressure vessel and a pressure relief valve), and also putting an NRV on the supply from the header tank. And this has all worked fine.

My next door neighbour had to replace his boiler for the very same reasons as me, and he ended up with the Vokera boiler in an open system. But he was telling me that, lately, when he turns the system on, within minutes there is water coming out his over-flow from the header tank. Now I can't understand why this would be happening just now, but my main question is, should he just get a plumber to do the same as I did (remove the overflow, and fit an NRV). If he does this then there is no way that water can backflow to his header tank.

Some plumber friend of his recommended adjusting the pump speed (there is three separate speeds on the pump). But I just see this as a 'frig'.

Advertisement