Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Softener Salt in Galway

Options
  • 10-09-2013 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anyone on here know where to buy water softener salt in or around Galway city/county? I just got a system installed and want to stock up on salt for the winter.
    Also i heard the prices and brands vary in prices and quality? any truth in this?

Thanks in advance,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

JR6 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Does anyone on here know where to buy water softener salt in or around Galway city/county? I just got a system installed and want to stock up on salt for the winter.
    Also i heard the prices and brands vary in prices and quality? any truth in this?

Thanks in advance,
    J

Contact who ever supplied it. They should specify what they recommend.
    I presume they put salt into it, did they leave any bag after them with branding for the type of salt used.

Or google "water softener salt galway" and you'll get a list of suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

JR6 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance,
    J

Water softener salt suppliers - start with the best brands (Axal Pro - orange type bag) and best prices from about €6.75 a bag (25kg) ...

Very best ...

Duanes Hardware - Killtullagh, Athenry

Greenes Hardware - Ahascragh, B'Sloe

Greenes Hardware - Skehanagh, Menlough, B'Sloe

Ganleys - Mount Bellew, B'Sloe

Average ...

Athenry Creamery / Coop - Athenry

Cooneys - Athenry

McGiverns' - Monivea

Natural Green Energy - Craughwell

Glynn's - Tuam

A bit frisky ...

Flynns of Lackagh

Walshes - Tuam Rd, Galway

Beatty's Loughrea

Joyces - Headford

I think a new low price salt supplier (one of the main hardware stores) has popped up in Galway, selling Axal Pro, ... I'll check.

The main supplier of Axal Pro salt can be found at ...

www.salt.ie

pricing looks a bit squiffey on their site, but they do discounts for big regular volumes, or more so their sub suppliers to the west - these are usually the lowest pricing around

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alfunia

I saw a flier from Chadwicks in Galway last month and they had Axal on promotion, 10 bags for €65 If my memory serves me right.

• Advertisement

that's probably right enough, lowest sale price I've seen

Chadwicks are back to 7.16 per bag of Axal Pro, great price for Galway City

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 williewarmer

i use Soda Crystals . no joking. €1.00 a bag or so in Tesco. ****in grate for limescale aswell

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

gws wrote: »
    ?

I wouldn't worry about his reply. He was on his mets last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Nice one thanks for the replies folks. I out athenry direction so duanes will do the job. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement