Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angry Golfer

• 05-03-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads have you been or are you an angry golfer.

I like to avoid if I can , I think it is because I use golf to relax.

Any blokes you try avoid?
    Any funny stories?
    Are you one or reformed?
    Should you or how to get them to stop?
    A club thrower a ground banger etc.
    Do they know how much it annoys people ?
    Is it uncontrollable ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

You've probabaly heard this one about the (in)famous golfer Tommy Bolt.
    Seems he was particularly famous for throwing clubs.

So one time he walks up for his second on 18.
    Says to his caddie 'Whaddya reckon ?'
    Caddie says '6 iron'.
    Bolt says 'Whaddya talkiin' bout, it's couldn't be mor'n 125 yards to the pin'
    Caddie says '6 iron - its the only club you've got left'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Any funny stories?
    Are you one or reformed?
    Is it uncontrollable ?
    I've lost the plot...just ask my playing partners from Esker Hills :o

I'm trying to change and was crap the weekend but no tantrums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I've lost the plot...just ask my playing partners from Esker Hills :o

I'm trying to change and was crap the weekend but no tantrums!

That the "Red Mist" comes over ya. :D (aka Roy Keane)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Had to retrieve my driver from the trees once in Fermoy GC. Still don't know to the day who put it up there:pac:

Sawa chap break a wedge in half another day, spent the rest of the round nursing a nasty gash between his thumb and forefinger which wouldn't stop spouting blood:D

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    Had to retrieve my driver from the trees once in Fermoy GC. Still don't know to the day who put it up there:pac:

Sawa chap break a wedge in half another day, spent the rest of the round nursing a nasty gash between his thumb and forefinger which wouldn't stop spouting blood:D

Lol - was not expecting blood (lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 midsker

Any funny stories?
    Are you one or reformed?
    Is it uncontrollable ?

Heard a funny one (or quite possibly read it here on another thread) about a lad on the 18th somewhere and he throws his bag into the river that runs alongside the green in a fit of temper after a bad day.

He heads into the clubhouse after for a bite to eat and realises when he's due to go home that his car keys are in his bag. He heads back down to the river, fishes the bag out, takes the keys out of the bag before firing the bag back in the river.

Would have loved to have seen it if true.....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Really hate angry golfers, couple in our club. Just avoid them, really shouldn't have to put up with it. On Sunday morning I like 4 hours away from all the real troubles of the world. Playing golf with a guy or girl f-ing and b-ing as if life depends on his/ her golf game is no fun. Reality check, it's only a game, sure you can afford to be out here and you have your health. And with a bit of luck you'll hit a couple of good shot if you would just relax and enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Friend of mine throws the odd tantrum and last year during a game he hit a bad iron shot and turned and smacked his bag with the club only to find later that he smashed the screen of his iphone that was in the bag to bits, he had only got the phone a day or two. We still get great pleasure reminding him of it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ilik Urgee wrote: »

I think I've told this story before

Was following a mate of mine around the Mullingar Scratch Cup last year in the third round (tommy o'connor, andrew hogan and the angry guy, cant think of his name.) He was as angry a golfer as I've ever seen I think. He beat the **** out of his clubs and the ground for the first 5 holes and playing the 5th, a par 3 hit his tee shot into the bunker on the right. He played his bunker shot pretty well and was close enough. He then proceeds to hammer his club on the ground on the side of the bunker and his club snaps in half, but is still barely hanging on so he goes to toss it into a nearby ditch and the sharp broken bit of the club slices through the top of his fingers and blood spills everywhere! Tommy gave him one of his towels to help mop up the blood, a white one and it went from white to red in 3 seconds. Mullingar G.C. had to get someone to come out to collect him in a buggy, bring him to the hospital to get his fingers sowed back on.

I think he played off scratch or +1, but I cant for the life of me remember his name. Wonder if hes still even playing golf after all that....

and as for me, I'd like to believe I am a reformed one. Still drop the odd club here and there, but I'd like to think I've given up throwing clubs and beating them into the ground :)

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. Cool stories .

I'm not the only one who thinks they need a reality check.

Thanks lads. Cool stories .

I'm not the only one who thinks they need a reality check.

Some are very sad too. This game can drive anybody mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

Some are very sad too. This game can drive anybody mad.
    Hey fix the first sign of madness is talking to yourself and the second sign is looking for hair on the palms of your hands.

I think he played off scratch or +1, but I cant for the life of me remember his name. Wonder if hes still even playing golf after all that....

just checked and he's signed up for the west. I wont name and shame though incase hes copped himself on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I used to be quite an angry golfer but once the kids came along i seemed to calm down a lot. I still get annoyed at stupid mistakes but no more club throwing.

I played with an old guy a few years ago and after one of my rants he put his hand on my shoulder and said " well son it could be worse, you could be looking at the grass from the other side" Thought it was a wonderfully Irish expression.

J

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Hey fix the first sign of madness is talking to yourself and the second sign is looking for hair on the palms of your hands.

We are way beyond "first sign and second sign" here.

GreeBo can smell the first preemptive sign. So if you think I'm mad. Your right but slow - I was mad before it started.

I used to be quite an angry golfer but once the kids came along i seemed to calm down a lot. I still get annoyed at stupid mistakes but no more club throwing.

I played with an old guy a few years ago and after one of my rants he put his hand on my shoulder and said " well son it could be worse, you could be looking at the grass from the other side" Thought it was a wonderfully Irish expression.

J

J - I would not have imagined you as an angry golfer. But there you go.

1 Hail Mary
    1 No 3 Putt
    3 I'm sorry Sand the Bunker.

But , as I said , everybody has that in them.

Speaking of angry golfer.

Rory - was a sort of angry golfer this weekend.

Ernie and the boys were sort of looking at him going :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

There is sort of angry and then there is just angry.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Used to smash clubs up when I was younger. Think I'd gone through 14-15 putters in 3 years or something crazy. When you're relying on your parents for money, it isn't very clever.

Did smash a wedge and cut my finger fairly badly ten years ago which was my last tantrum. Gave up the club throwing and, while I still get frustrated with bad shots, I learned there is no point in worrying about something you can't do anything about. And you can't do anything to take back the bad shot you've just hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

J

This ^^^
    Puts it into perspective for you. And I guess it's thinking I'm going home to nappies and tantrums...I may as well enjoy myself while I'm out here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Arsenium

A good friend of ours, who seems to play golf less and less these days, had a pretty solid game a few years ago. But his temper was his problem. Club throwing, bag hitting, you name it. We played one day together and there were two tee boxes close by. One was the 8th I think and the other was the 11th. Hits his tee shot which ricochets off the metal dustbin to the right of the tee box leaving a huge dent in it. He walks over and smashes the club into the bin at least 3 times in temper.

Another day he walked off the 17th green in a state of depression and kicked his cap the whole way to the 18th tee box.

And finally, one day in Mullingar GC, on the 11th hole his tee shot ended up way left coming down the par 3 12th hole. Three poor shots later he got to the 11th green where he picked his ball up, turned his back to the green and smacked his brand new pro v1 across the hedge out of bounds !! "I've been trying to lose you now for at least 3 shots and now you're definitely lost!!"

Now I'm wondering ....

Are these lads with the 'Golf Rage' the same that get the 'Road Rage' when out in the motor,
    or is it the uniquely frustrating experience that is ANY round of golf that brings down the red mist ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

For Paws wrote: »
    Now I'm wondering ....

Are these lads with the 'Golf Rage' the same that get the 'Road Rage' when out in the motor,
    or is it the uniquely frustrating experience that is ANY round of golf that brings down the red mist ?

IMO the game brings out your true traits. If you are short fused and snappy the game brings that behaviour out on the course.

If you are placid in everyday life that's how you react on the course.

That's my opinion from what I've witnessed playing with people I know.

ForeRight wrote: »
    IMO the game brings out your true traits. If you are short fused and snappy the game brings that behaviour out on the course.

Dunno 'bout that ForeRight.
    I 'spose that in general you'd be right more often than not.

I used to be be Mr (Silent) Angry when my game was poor.
    Then I noticed that my partners after initially trying to encourage me, would end up ignoring my awful behaviour. I gradually copped onto the fact that I was wasting my own time, and theirs. I even used to get into a snot over golf if for some reason I couldn't get out when I'd hoped to.
    Now the people I most admire on the course are those who can laugh at their own shortcomings, and just play on.

For Paws wrote: »

Dunno 'bout that ForeRight.
    I 'spose that in general you'd be right more often than not.

I used to be be Mr (Silent) Angry when my game was poor.
    Then I noticed that my partners after initially trying to encourage me, would end up ignoring my awful behaviour. I gradually copped onto the fact that I was wasting my own time, and theirs. I even used to get into a snot over golf if for some reason I couldn't get out when I'd hoped to.
    Now the people I most admire on the course are those who can laugh at their own shortcomings, and just play on.

Fair enough but I did say I was just going by what I have personally witnessed.
    I've yet to play with a very placid character who turns into an anti Christ on the course when things are not going their way or likewise a hot head in everyday life who doesn't be snappy on the course when it's all going wrong.

Personally when I have a howler fur a hole or two I do be fuming inside at myself for doing silly mistakes but once my round is dead I generally just laugh and try enjoy the rest of my round always remembering I'm very lucky to be in a position to be even getting out to play.

its the complete opposite for me. I am placcid in real life, but I would take my frustrations of life out on the golf course :)

its the complete opposite for me. I am placcid in real life, but I would take my frustrations of life out on the golf course :)

I bet you think you are placid but all your mates think you are a c u next Tuesday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Out with a lad today,all going well, he pars the first three holes. Steps onto the 4th and hooks 2 balls straight OOB with the driver. I'm keeping an eye on his second ball until I hear this loud slap behind me. I turn around and there';s your man leathering the shit out of his bag with the driver-I mean really horsing into it. I shouts at him to stop and cop on(which he does) and I walk away upthe fairway to an awkward silence til the next box, where he opens the bag to produce this

[IMG][/img]2yuiohk.jpg

I literally had to lie down on the box I was laughing so hard!!

• Advertisement

Serves him right for having a phone like that in this day and age :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Serves him right for having a phone like that in this day and age :)

I was assuming that was a story from the 1980's, those persimmon woods did fierce damage...

GreeBo wrote: »

I was assuming that was a story from the 1980's, those persimmon woods did fierce damage...

Zach Morris had one of them phones in saved by the bell

• Registered Users Posts: 9 8on the 1st

i play with a lad who got a 54 degree vokey and a titleist carry bag for his 21st.in the 1st round with his new equipment he was goin very well and turned with something like 22 or 23 points.on the 10th a 370 odd par 4 he pumelled a drive middle of the fairway to leave him roughly 90 out.Next thing he misses the green with the vokey by about 20 yards,in one clean swoop he turns and leathers the bag with the wedge(massive club head speed).then we realise the club goes straight thru the bag and then we see the wedge is bent into an eejit.silence insued for the remainder of the round and needless to say he finished with barely 30 points.Looking back he used about 250+ euro of equipment for about 10 holes,not a massive return.

i play with a lad who got a 54 degree vokey and a titleist carry bag for his 21st.in the 1st round with his new equipment he was goin very well and turned with something like 22 or 23 points.on the 10th a 370 odd par 4 he pumelled a drive middle of the fairway to leave him roughly 90 out.Next thing he misses the green with the vokey by about 20 yards,in one clean swoop he turns and leathers the bag with the wedge(massive club head speed).then we realise the club goes straight thru the bag and then we see the wedge is bent into an eejit.silence insued for the remainder of the round and needless to say he finished with barely 30 points.Looking back he used about 250+ euro of equipment for about 10 holes,not a massive return.

great 1st post. welcome to the forums :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I was never an angry golfer, except when I played with my brother. The two of us turned into ***** on the course. I think I even threw a club at him once. I refused to speak to him all day after a round a good number of times.

I've no idea what it was that set us off. If it wasn't him annoying me, then it was me annoying him.

There was absolutely no excuse for our behaviour. I was so wound up by him after one particular round that I broke the hydraulic hinges on the boot of our car. Got in **** about that and I kinda had to calm down.

Despite all of that, I'd probably consider him my best friend.

• Advertisement

I was never an angry golfer, except when I played with my brother. The two of us turned into ***** on the course. I think I even threw a club at him once. I refused to speak to him all day after a round a good number of times.

I've no idea what it was that set us off. If it wasn't him annoying me, then it was me annoying him.

There was absolutely no excuse for our behaviour. I was so wound up by him after one particular round that I broke the hydraulic hinges on the boot of our car. Got in **** about that and I kinda had to calm down.

Despite all of that, I'd probably consider him my best friend.

LOL I once leathered my brother, who is seven years older, with a sand wedge so the he knocked me out. Had a black eye for ages afterwards.

Had to tell my mam I fell down the stairs because I didn't want her to know that I attacked him with a wedge and he didn't want her to know that he hit his 14 year old brother a right hook.

Ah nostalgia...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

I'm definitely an angry golfer, and definitely better now than i was. Turning point for me was in a monthly medal, i was going well, around +3 through 10 off 8 at the time, hit the 11th, a long par 4 in two and proceeded to 4 stab. Flung my putter up in the air in rage, tried to catch the shaft, caught the head instead -wrecked my hand. End of club throwing (and end of round as it happened)

I'm definitely an angry golfer, and definitely better now than i was. Turning point for me was in a monthly medal, i was going well, around +3 through 10 off 8 at the time, hit the 11th, a long par 4 in two and proceeded to 4 stab. Flung my putter up in the air in rage, tried to catch the shaft, caught the head instead -wrecked my hand. End of club throwing (and end of round as it happened)

Similar thing ended my club throwing. 4 stabbed the 6th in Athlone. went from having a good card to a rubbish one. Drop kicked my putter 40 feet into the air and when it landed the shaft was bent (thats what she said).

Havent dropkicked a club since ;)

I witnessed a fella throw a wobbler not so long ago and fling his 6iron up a tree.

The club didnt come back down. I then duffed my shot next as I could barely stand upright trying to keep my laughing under wraps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

I'm angry. Probably curse at least once every 2 holes, even on a good round. I try to keep it to myself but the odd one still gets out. Used to be way worse, particularly when it came to throwing clubs. That all stopped 4 years ago where, following 2 failed attempts to extricate myself from a bunker, I plastered my 2 week old vokey against a trolley at a bad angle that saw one wedge become two. Nothing helps club throwing like buying an expensive set out of your own funds, as someone already pointed out in this thread!

I cringe when I think back to some of my behaviour on the course and even though I know I've gotten better at handling bad shots, I probably still over-react at times. Having said that, I can honestly say (and again, based on other comments, this seems to be the case for many) that some of the most entertaining moments I've had on a golf course involve other people losing the rag. A friend of mine once bit through a shaft after a sub-standard drive and he still gets abuse over it. I'd like to think a few of my wobblies have provided a certain degree of comic relief over the years, even if they've served only to mortify me...

• Advertisement

I'm angry. Probably curse at least once every 2 holes, even on a good round. I try to keep it to myself but the odd one still gets out. Used to be way worse, particularly when it came to throwing clubs. That all stopped 4 years ago where, following 2 failed attempts to extricate myself from a bunker, I plastered my 2 week old vokey against a trolley at a bad angle that saw one wedge become two. Nothing helps club throwing like buying an expensive set out of your own funds, as someone already pointed out in this thread!

I cringe when I think back to some of my behaviour on the course and even though I know I've gotten better at handling bad shots, I probably still over-react at times. Having said that, I can honestly say (and again, based on other comments, this seems to be the case for many) that some of the most entertaining moments I've had on a golf course involve other people losing the rag. A friend of mine once bit through a shaft after a sub-standard drive and he still gets abuse over it. I'd like to think a few of my wobblies have provided a certain degree of comic relief over the years, even if they've served only to mortify me...

Is swearing to yourself that bad? I do that quite a bit. Not too loud but I'll often say "Ah f**k you" or "You stupid f**king eejit" to myself. Swear quite a bit normally so it's not meant to be aggressive.

Biting through a shaft is a winner for me. What a legend in so many ways...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maclock

My name is Maclock and i'm an angry golfer.

I've thrown some serious tantrums on the golf course. Broke clubs, bags, umbrellas, a galaxy s2 phone screen.
    After i done something stupid, i always felt like a complete tool when i had calmed down.
    I'd be very competitive and since giving up soccer and GAA a couple of years ago i've been taking golf far too seriously.

I'm now trying my best to just enjoy golf for what it is, an enjoyable sport. A couple of ongoing medical issues in my family has really opened my eyes and made me aware that there are so many people out there who would give anything to be able to get out and even kick a ball around the course.

So, a missed putt or a drive out of bounds isn't the end of the world. It's another chance for me to take it on the chin and smile, hopefully.........

On the calmness scale, where 10 is Sergio/Monty and 1 is Matt Kuchar/F couples.

I'd be a 3.

Calm enough. The Brothers could wind me up when I was younger. Brothers know your weakness , they know what is your tell, what makes you tick.

Even when I was 10 or 11 playing pitch and putt they were 10 years older but would make me miss by coughing or saying something - funny now but not at the time.

Another brother of mine , is exceptionnaly good at cheating, at any game or sport. He could wind me up - an 8 would be a 6, I once seen the best Bunker shot I ever seen followed by a hand in the follow through - no club was used.

He never lost a ball in his life - and would just play a ball if he found it. If you were not looking he would place ball on a tee in rough - anything. Funny now - But I guess they knew they had to do something to win. They never did :)

I would get a bit angry with an angry golfer. A slow angry golfer would test me. But there is an Irony of an Angry Golfer causing Anger :p

As it was said - I've seen a bit of sickness in family and friends - it does put it all in perspective. I also wouldn't give away the memories of my mad brothers , my Dad and me playing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maclock

On the calmness scale, where 10 is Sergio/Monty and 1 is Matt Kuchar/F couples.

I'd be a 3.

Calm enough. The Brothers could wind me up when I was younger. Brothers know your weakness , they know what is your tell, what makes you tick.

Even when I was 10 or 11 playing pitch and putt they were 10 years older but would make me miss by coughing or saying something - funny now but not at the time.

Another brother of mine , is exceptionnaly good at cheating, at any game or sport. He could wind me up - an 8 would be a 6, I once seen the best Bunker shot I ever seen followed by a hand in the follow through - no club was used.

He never lost a ball in his life - and would just play a ball if he found it. If you were not looking he would place ball on a tee in rough - anything. Funny now - But I guess they knew they had to do something to win. They never did :)

I would get a bit angry with an angry golfer. A slow angry golfer would test me. But there is an Irony of an Angry Golfer causing Anger :p

As it was said - I've seen a bit of sickness in family and friends - it does put it all in perspective. I also wouldn't give away the memories of my mad brothers , my Dad and me playing together.

I'm laughing to myself about the part of getting angry at an angry golfer because it reminds me of the rare occasions in the past when i behaved on the course but was in the same 3/4 ball as someone who was "angry".

I can remember thinking to myself, "would yourman ever cop on, he's acting like a spoiled child".
    If i was saying that about someone who would have been an angel compared to my carrying on then i can only imagine what kind of things were being said about me?
    Still though, it was my own fault. I know that guys used to avoid me because of my tantrums.
    I definitely feel i've turned a corner and i'm hoping it will last.

Guys will laugh at this, i've even ordered some ball markers with pictures of my 3 daughters, ages 10, 7, 4 just to help me keep things in perspective as regards family life versus bad golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

My father bought me my first set of clubs when I was 11. He handed me the bag and said "if I ever catch you throwing one of these clubs I'll shove it that far up your arse you'll never see it again". 27 years later I can honestly I've never thrown a club.

Not to say I don't get angry with myself on the course, I just don't take it out on my equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Does anybody have any trouble with the guy who always says Great shot...no matter how rubbish your last shot has been. I dont know if its intentional or just a habit. But I hate it when I see a ball about to turn 90 degrees right and disappear across a hedge just as the guy I am along with says..."wow...great shot !! "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Arsenium wrote: »
    Does anybody have any trouble with the guy who always says Great shot...no matter how rubbish your last shot has been. I dont know if its intentional or just a habit. But I hate it when I see a ball about to turn 90 degrees right and disappear across a hedge just as the guy I am along with says..."wow...great shot !! "

Yeah, have a relatively regular playing partner that does this.

Though he is a terrible golfer, so when you tell him it wasn't great, he says that the reason he says it is that if he hit the ball like that he'd think it was a great shot

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ALBT

A friend of mine, missed a 2 foot putt 5 days before his wedding and proceeded to flip the ball up with the back of his putter (as we all probably do), except he was having an angry golfer moment and flipped it straight into his eye and was rushed to hospital. For the 1st 24 hours it looked like he would lose the sight in his eye and that the wedding would have to be cancelled. Luckily neither happened but a lesson learned and an angry golfer reformed !! Quite a bit of photoshop work sorted out the wedding pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

I think you have to understand that whilst some people simply enjoy getting out for the afternoon, others work hard on their game during the week and to see it all turn the sh*t at the weekend can be be very infuriating.

Now, does anyone know a good repair shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I get angry, but quickly simmer down. The anger can be just a few swear words out loud, followed by a genuine apology. Then it is out and gone, and I continue to be the good company I'm expected to be :)

I have gone through more angry periods in the past, I broke a 5 iron whacking it against a tree, I have spat in the cup (once, to my great shame), and have kicked equipment. It's part of maturing as a golfer who is a fiery competitive person in "regular life". I also think it is relative to where you are at with your game. Guys who play comfortably off their handicap, or are playing consistently at the same level are probably less likely to throw a wobbly when something bad happens than someone who is hot/cold/mercurial. Just my two cents. I am more the cold/sometimes hot/once mercurial type so struggle with myself. I do, however, ensure I am pleasant most of the time, and would be fairly sure that most of the time most people who have played with me have enjoyed themselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement