Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent toddler groups activities

Options
  • 25-09-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello ,
    I've just moved from Dublin to rural Galway , just outside Headford . I have two little munchkins aged 15 months and 2 years old.
    Looking for suggestions on toddler groups or classes , i bring them to playgroup in headford but none of the kids interact with each other ,they all just play with toys on their own and the parents don't encourage them to be social or play games . I'm looking for any kind of groups/classes that are a bit more interactive or hands on , I'm going to join the toddler circus and waterbabies but just trying to make some friends for my little ones that they can look forward to seeing every week

All suggestions are appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 IreJewels

Hi & Welcome to Headford :-)

You could try some of the parent & toddler groups a little further away such as the one in Kilcoona which meets every Friday morning 10am-12pm in Kilcoona Social Centre.

There is also a parent & toddler group in Corrandulla Community centre on Mondays 10.30 to 12.30, and over in Shrule on wednesday mornings in Shrule Community Centre from 10.30am – 12.30pm.

In the city there is Jittebugs Classes by Step Up Dance Arts: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stepping-Up-Dance-Arts/137846219614210

Also Music Classes at Kindermusik Galway: https://www.facebook.com/KindermusikGalway

If you are on Facebook, it might be worth joining the Galway Parents Group and the Galway Moms group. Just search for them and then ask to join.

Hope that helps :-)

Jewels.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just lookng at your kids ages .. you might want to ask in Parenting or somewhere about the developmental point when kids actually start to make friends with other kids, vs just playing in the same space as them. From the parents I've known I think it's a little later (more like 3), but I'm no expert.

Advertisement