Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Samsung Soundbar has stopped working with Soundshare (Airtrack)

• 05-06-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a Samsung UE46ES6800 TV with a Samsung HW-F450 Soundbar positioned under. For the past 18 months both have happily coexisted together connected by an optical cable. By that I mean that turning on the TV and pressing SoundShare on the Soundbar Remote Control meant that after a few seconds the sound was switched over from the TV to the Soundbar and the main TV remote control (Sky) worked for everything. Beautiful sound and all was well.

Just last night all that changed and the soundbar is no longer able to connect to the TV system. It tries but after about 30 seconds a message is displayed saying that it was unable to connect to the TV and to ensure that the unit is turned on. As it happens the soundbar does actually get added to the Device List.

I figured that if I deleted the soundbar from the Device List on the TV, reset the soundbar and then disconnected both from the mains and switched on again that all should be well. It wasn't. The TV saw the soundbar but after about 30 seconds the 'unable to connect' message comes up again. I have tried this numerous times and the situation remains the same. The soundbar does work with 'D.In' but it means using the separate remote control.

I'd be really grateful if anyone has any bright ideas as to how I might get back to the blissful situation where everything just worked?

Thanks
    Dave

Advertisement