Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ce scheme/ invalidity pension

Options
  • 04-10-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi, I am sixty two years old and on an invalidity pension.Their is a vacancy coming up in the next couple of months at my local football club for a cleaner on a fas ce scheme. The work is very light and i am told that despite being on an invalidity pension i would be eligible to apply for it. Can anyone tell me how this would affect my pension. My pension is €193.50 weekly. Would i lose this payment or a portion of it. Have being out of work for three years and despite doing some voluntary work the boredom is really getting to me. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi there, I think you might get better responses in the state benefits forum, so I've moved the thread for you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

See here: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/invalidity.aspx#disqual
    You need to apply to your FAS Office for an exemption to allow you partake on the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Thanks, will try the local fas office tomorrow and check the benefits section on this site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You will keep all of your pension and get the full FAS allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Thanks mp22, that sounds encouraging. At that it will be well worth applying for. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement