Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Blackout Lining DIY Projector Screen

• 27-04-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I am building a DIY projector screen

Would the material below be good as a projector screen?

When I zoom on the image of it, the threads of the lining appear very visible.

I've seen one person here on boards writing about blackout lining they used they got from Home Focus and said it was excellent.

http://www.homefocus.ie/curtains-fabrics/Curtain_Lining-Blackout_Lining-White.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I've seen one person here on boards writing about blackout lining they used they got from Home Focus and said it was excellent.

http://www.homefocus.ie/curtains-fabrics/Curtain_Lining-Blackout_Lining-White.html

Did you go with this? Just wondering how you got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

I used this material for my projector screen. It works great, the thread of the lining that it shows in the picture is not visible at all, and doesn't affect the picture. I made a 105" screen as the material is only 137cm and needed some overhang to wrap and staple the material to the frame. I can post up some photos if you're interested in seeing what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MRTULES

keithoh wrote: »
    I used this material for my projector screen. It works great, the thread of the lining that it shows in the picture is not visible at all, and doesn't affect the picture. I made a 105" screen as the material is only 137cm and needed some overhang to wrap and staple the material to the frame. I can post up some photos if you're interested in seeing what it looks like.

Would love if you could post up a few. I am going to (attempt) to build one this evening.

Here's a couple taken with the room darkened.
    Picture quality may not be great. I'll try and post a few more when I get home which just show the screen itself

Here's a photo just showing the screen

• Advertisement
Advertisement