Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class 80 at Mallow

Options
  • 04-05-2014 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Here's an unusual one

28c3t3k.jpg

1988 special for Michael Jackson concert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

Lovely. I saw the same train earlier that day at Hazelhatch. There were a lot of specials that day for Jacko.
    corktina wrote: »
    Here's an unusual one

28c3t3k.jpg

1988 special for Michael Jackson concert

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭h.gricer

Lovely. I saw the same train earlier that day at Hazelhatch. There were a lot of specials that day for Jacko.
    Ay Metrovick, it was Sunday 31st July 1988, I don't know why I didn't go down the line, but I was in Heuston that morning at the end of Platform 1, it was mad with all the Jacko fans, 087 departed with 10 cravens jammed with mad Jacko fans, a 6 piece 80class stood in Platform 1, I wonder did it join up with another set to form that special as the driving trailer was on the Cork end unlike the 80class in that photo, the cab in them was very small, I don't know how a driver could drive an 80class all the way to Cork in a driving trailer without driving himself nuts, I enjoyed the Jackson chaos at Heuston Station that morning.
    Regards
    hg

Advertisement