Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAIU: INVESTIGATION REPORT Operating irregularity during Single Line Working

• 28-04-2014 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

From what I understand, basically just two people(the Pilotman and the IE Signaller) who didn't fully know and apply the rules for single line working.

I think also it is unusual the driver of the train A122 that proceeded without a Pilotman into the section should really, really have been briefed earlier that there was SLW happening. He had no idea it seems and the system was that the signaller should have called him to let him know. In addition, I would think this type of info should have been mentioned to him by a manager or displayed on a bulletin board when be booked on- the other parties involved seemed to know that SLW was happening by 6am that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

This post has been deleted.

The non-commissioned bi-directional signalling and the lack of proper communication equipment were also highlights and ones which neither NIR/IE have addressed to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I am surprised to see no recommendation regarding interoperable EU communications ie GSM-R. I have just spent 8.5 years on GSM-R development and rollout in Britain (all lines except the 2 RETB routes and every train cab). The drivers and signallers love it and makes life a lot easier during disruption

Advertisement