Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People resting their shopping on your car

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Parking all the way down the back rids yourself of door bangers, leaners, scratchers, trolley tyrants and general ghouls like above.

And there was me thinking my oh was the only man that parked as far back as he can in the carpark. I am swearing into myself and thinking park the damed car, but no he will circle the car park again knowing full well that I am ready to tear my hair out. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I posted before about parking in the multi storey in the square in tallaght early one weekend morning. Could only have been about 5 cars in an area that would take over 100 motors. Where does the next lad park - about an inch from my car...seriously f*ck off with yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

mfceiling wrote: »
    I posted before about parking in the multi storey in the square in tallaght early one weekend morning. Could only have been about 5 cars in an area that would take over 100 motors. Where does the next lad park - about an inch from my car...seriously f*ck off with yourself.

Maybe he thought there was safety in numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I didn't know people did that, resting shopping on cars. It explains something I see often with mine eye - huge L-shaped scratches on bonnets and bootlids.

Always wondered how those had happened. Now I know. It doesn't come in to my head to do that to someone's car, I would be livid if it happened to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

ianobrien wrote: »
    I've had a few funny ones.

One night a good few years ago, while waiting to collect my sister from a night club (ya I was being a good brother and all that) I was sitting in the car with it switched off. I had two fellas come and sit on the bonnet and I got fairly annoyed. My solution was to check my rear mirror and release the handbrake without starting the car. The car rolled back from under them and they landed on their asses. That was funny to see.

I dunno if I done that I know full well I'd have two guys at best either threatening to box the head of me or worst boxing the head of me. I might be more inclined to drive forward:P (joke). Fair play if you pulled it off though.
    ianobrien wrote: »
    The banging doors off cars is the one thing thst really annoys me. I was after parking in a shopping centre and still in the drivers seat when this one screaches into the space next to me, jumps out flinging her door into the side of my car. I got out to find a nice dent. Her response was a "so what?" and a shrug of the shoulders. Her attitude changed when I got my wheel brace, made a nice dent in her car and said "now we're even".

And if I done that one I now I'd have the Guards called on me....or else a passer by would most likely stick his nose in and start telling me I'm an awful prick or at worst start trying to box the head of me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I dont think i have ever had people rest their shopping on my car, or at least i have never noticed it. But then i park in the shopping centre carpark, trying to find space right beside a wall, or between two pilllars reducing the chance of some parking to close to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Sometimes we need to accept that the world is strange and chaotic place, be grateful for the few 'problems' we have compared to others, and relax a little.

Happy Christmas. :)

Are you drugs or something?
    or do you drive a banger?

If I caught someone putting anything on my car I can assure you they wouldn't do it again.
    Groceries or not would get literally thrown to the ground.

Wrong and all as it would be to rest your shopping on someone else's car though I reckon some of ye guys posting would be nervous wrecks in some of the Eastern block countries, Might be changing somewhat now but out there it would e considered perfectly normal to bump the car in front or behind you if parallel parking or pulling out of a parking spot etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Shopping bags don't really bother me, but them handbags with all the buckles and knobs and whatever the hell else on them? They are a scourge to society, destroy everything they come in contact with, paintwork, seats, dash, you name it.

• Advertisement

destroy everything they come in contact with, paintwork, seats, dash, you name it.

Your bank balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I lived in the States for a while. I came out one morning to find that somebody had taken a dump on the bonnet of my neighbour's car. Apparently it's a common enough occurence over there.

Wrong and all as it would be to rest your shopping on someone else's car though I reckon some of ye guys posting would be nervous wrecks in some of the Eastern block countries, Might be changing somewhat now but out there it would e considered perfectly normal to bump the car in front or behind you if parallel parking or pulling out of a parking spot etc...

Isn't it still common enough in france?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just drive on.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Could be too and all Mint Sauce...I'm not overly well cultured if I'm honest:P

I know its happens in Spain though - at least I seen it happen there a few times back in 2006 when I was holidaying there.

Think its most likely a thing thats becoming less and less common in them countries all the same though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

One of those older alarms would be perfect for this scenario. They used to go off with the slightest bit of wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

It was Wednesday lunch time and I was eating in the car. When I parked there was 2 fairly new cars either side always try to do this in hope they're minding they're own car.

Car park is small & always jammed. When I got back there's this big dirty Mercedes Vito/mini bus thing on my passenger side. The woman driving it, Fairly hefty, passes me and goes to the merc.

FFS I think. She opens her driver door and I'm stuck. Can't move & Then that big arse swings out & bang. Her Door hits mine.

I roll down the window. "Thanks for that love, merry Christmas to you too" she half smiles & waves at me.

Didn't think it was too bad, couldn't see mark through the dirt. But after the wash yesterday 2 marks and paint chips on the door. One from getting out & one from getting in. The Dose. Sorry i didn't eat the head off her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Are you serious?
    Are you one of those people that think French people wear a berret, eat frogs and carry a baguette to go to work?

Try this in France and report back, if you still have teeths or fingers.
    Same in estern Europe, no such thing as an acceptable policy to bang cars while parking/driving.

Where on earth?

bmstuff wrote: »
    Same in estern Europe, no such thing as an acceptable policy to bang cars while parking/driving.

Where on earth?

Didn't say it was acceptable to bump of cars when parking in Eastern European countries bmstuff, moreso it is normal to see it happen on a day to day basis. It is no doubt something thats happening less and less and is getting less and less acceptable there but it is normal to see it happen there believe me. A lot of them boyos would use bumpers as originally intended back in the day.

It happens here from time to time too you know, just that its a rarer occurance.

France, not entirely sure, never being but I would think modern day France is not much different to ourselves in that sense....maybe I'm wrong though.

Are you serious?
    Are you one of those people that think French people wear a berret, eat frogs and carry a baguette to go to work?

Where on earth?

I never said it was still common in france, I asked if it was it still common in france, big difference, nor did i say it was acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Are you serious?

Where on earth?

Well, not sure how common it is in France but type in "parking in Paris" into youtube search box and there are lot of these videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Didn't say it was acceptable to bump of cars when parking in Eastern European countries bmstuff, moreso it is normal to see it happen on a day to day basis. It is no doubt something thats happening less and less and is getting less and less acceptable there but it is normal to see it happen there believe me. A lot of them boyos would use bumpers as originally intended back in the day.

It happens here from time to time too you know, just that its a rarer occurance.

France, not entirely sure, never being but I would think modern day France is not much different to ourselves in that sense....maybe I'm wrong though.

I wouldn't send an animal to France.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's great driving something beat up looking. And that fat bastard that drove down the left only lane and wants to cut in at the front? He'll think twice about it when he sees a car that the owner isn't afraid to crash.
    I once drove a VW van that was so beat up, my employer asked me to move it when a picture of the company was taken and the Nigerian embassy had it towed. No one messes with you in one of those.

The Nigerian embassy obviously does.......:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

whiterebel wrote: »
    The Nigerian embassy obviously does.......:P

That actually wasn't so bad, my car was technically not illegally parked, so I got it back for free. Since it got broken into in the Garda compound, I got good compensation for the broken window and stolen radio. All in all it could have been worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I wouldn't send an animal to France.

Yeah, imagine having to put up with great food and nice weather...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

.....massive dent in the passenger door rear courteousy of a trolley albeit not the MR2 and thankfully herselves 99 Saxo, still couldn't help be pissed off only went in for 15 minutes

this is what happens when you don't park up in no-mans land :mad:

.....massive dent in the passenger door rear courteousy of a trolley albeit not the MR2 and thankfully herselves 99 Saxo,

Ugh don't let herself hear you saying that or else there may end up being a dent on the MR2 also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Be thankful it was shopping, I came back to a glass of wine centred on the bonnet of my car on Mespil Road 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Ugh don't let herself hear you saying that or else there may end up being a dent on the MR2 also...

Its by no means mint but all the panels are straight . I'll have it like new one I get a hold of a plunger or sucker tool ;)

Advertisement