Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query: Powercity - exclusive supply of TVs with dual tuner (Saorview + Freesat)

• 04-11-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭

I am in the market for new TV, ideally:

32''
    Smart TV
    Saorview Approved
    Integrated Satellite Tuner

From my research, it would appear that Powercity have exclusive supply of dual tuner tvs (integrated saorview + freesat satellite tuner), while most shops only offer saorview tvs without satellite tuner.

Example tv:
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32LB580

However, when I google the tv model number, other suppliers appear to supply this tv but no mention of the freesat tuner.

Can anyone shed light if powercity have a special supply chain on dual tuner tvs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

No, Powercity do not have an exclusive on TVs with satellite tuners: the same model no. will have the same spec. wherever you buy it, even though the seller mightn't make a big deal of the satellite reception capability.

Freesat is a brand, BTW, basically some add-on features to basic UK free-to-air satellite, most importantly a proper EPG (the channels themselves only broadcast with now-&-next programme info.). Freesat features can only be accessed by Freesat branded equipment: current Freesat TVs are listed here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Powercity do not appear to sell Samsung any more. I wonder why?

Advertisement