Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C4 or Seat Cordoba

Options
  • 16-12-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

So basically I just need to know which be better, they are exactly my budget and have narrowed it down to these 2 cars.

C4= 2006 1.4 & nct 4/16

Cordoba= 2007 1.4 & nct 07/15

Both are same priced but the c4 has 120k miles on it compared to 80k miles on the Cordoba. I just want to do which be more reliable or best bet for me?

Anyone any experience of both cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

The Seat will be far more reliable than the Citroën, also less mileage and a year newer. The Citroën price is a sign of desirability not reliability as in fareness they look better than the Cordoba.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArnieSilvia

C4's are surprisingly nice cars to drive though. Plastics inside are cheap but overall feel of the car is reassuring. Electrics go wrong on all cars these days unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The Cordoba has VW mechanicals which are nowhere near as reliable as the reputation might suggest. In reality there's little to separate them on reliability. The C4 is bigger, more refined and more practical, probably cheaper too. The higher mileage is a concern but this is where service history and giving the car a thorough check will stand to you, could be the higher mileage car could have already had some big ticket service items done that the lower mileage car needs soon, ask questions and ask for proof work has been done.

Advertisement