Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Guide app?

• 27-01-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

I've been a user of DigiGuide for a long time now but when my subscription runs out next week I don't think I'll be renewing.
    I find myself using my phone and tablet more often than the desktop now and seeing as DigiGuide have been promising an android version for the last 4 year (when they introduced the iPad version) but are still nowhere close to actually releasing one, it's time to say goodbye.
    So, I'm looking for recommendations for and android alternative, anybody using a good TV guide app?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I use TV Listings & the Sky + app.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

TV listings Ireland and tv24.co.uk. Both on Play store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Use the sky+ app which I find great but it's obviously not near as useful if you don't have sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

TV24.co.uk
    Best by far.
    I have it set up with all the Freesat and Saorview channels in the same order as my TV. Also you can add channels and I have things like Sky sports and BT set up so I can see when matches are on.
    It has a great what's on and highlights section and also things like movies button that shows all movies on at that time across all your channels.
    Reminders seems to work flawlessly also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I just On Air. Free and very simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Thanks guys, I've put OnAir, TV listings Ireland, and tv24.co.uk. on the tablet and I'll give them all a try out. None of them seem to have a series reminder which is disappointing, I'll just have to remember to set the reminders for each instance. Of course if i could remember to do that I wouldn't need them in the first place.

Zeebox is another one I have used and it allows series link reminders which is good however its hard to get the right channels set up if you have both Freesat and Saorview like me
    Overall it is good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zeebox.android.caa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,496 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

gzoladz wrote: »
    I just On Air. Free and very simple.

Nice look to it but horribly buggy, every time I move a channel up or down it locks up and I have to exit and go back in again. It's almost as bad as TVGuide plus no Sky Arts2 and it insists that I have Channel 5 in my listing (it's not in the channel selection menu so you can't deselect it) even though I've said I'm with UPC Ireland. Ditto 'ITV', you can select and deselect 'UTV' but whether you like it or not, it insists that you have 'ITV' in the listing.

TV24.co.uk
    Best by far.
    I have it set up with all the Freesat and Saorview channels in the same order as my TV.
    BionicRasher, I suppose you need to toggle between Saorview and Freesat via Channel Settings? At least, that's what I have to do on Android.

BionicRasher, I suppose you need to toggle between Saorview and Freesat via Channel Settings? At least, that's what I have to do on Android.

Nope.
    Set it up for Freesat and in the channel settings scroll down to the bottom and add additional channels.
    I am using Android also

• Advertisement

I am able to see Freesat, Saorview and I have even added all the sports channels also. All in the order I choose

Wow. That's brilliant. I must never have scrolled down that far.
    Thank a million. This app is even better than I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

TV24.co.uk
    Best by far.
    I have it set up with all the Freesat and Saorview channels in the same order as my TV. Also you can add channels and I have things like Sky sports and BT set up so I can see when matches are on.
    It has a great what's on and highlights section and also things like movies button that shows all movies on at that time across all your channels.
    Reminders seems to work flawlessly also.

Hey any chance you could describe how to get both saorview and freesat together? I seem to be only able to view either one or the other at a time.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Hey any chance you could describe how to get both saorview and freesat together? I seem to be only able to view either one or the other at a time.

Set it up for Freesat
    go in to the channel settings
    scroll down to the bottom and you will see option to add channels
    add additional channels such as RTE/TV3 etc etc
    then go back to channel settings and you can drag the channels up or down and have them in the order you prefer.

I have it set up as below
    RTE1
    RTE2
    TV3
    BBC1
    BBC2
    CH4
    ITV1
    etc...

The latest update send to have broken TV24. No more Irish channels. Let's hope they fix it.

The latest update send to have broken TV24. No more Irish channels. Let's hope they fix it.

Ya I have emailed them but no response yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I never got a reply either but I have the old version on my tablet. I've extracted the apk.

If anyone needs it, post here and I'll link it somehow.

Keith186 wrote: »
    I never got a reply either but I have the old version on my tablet. I've extracted the apk.

Yes please :)

Here too please. How though is it showing the Irish guide if it's not in the current version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Here's the direct link to apk on dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78224964/ukfree.jersey.tvguide_4.0.3.1.apk

I think they only changed the front end of the app so it still connected up same way as before. Checked a few days ahead on RTÉ schedule and it looks right.

PS: You will need to go into settings to set up ROI channels again.

• Advertisement

Here's the direct link to apk on dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78224964/ukfree.jersey.tvguide_4.0.3.1.apk

I think they only changed the front end of the app so it still connected up same way as before. Checked a few days ahead on RTÉ schedule and it looks right.

PS: You will need to go into settings to set up ROI channels again.

Thanks, all set up now. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pvt6zh395dqbrj

Hi there,

I don't know if you are still looking my friend and I put together an app called Bubble Your TV which is a TV listings app. You can get it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.launch.bubblev1p0

Thanks

I see now that the version of tv24.co.uk provided by Keith186 is no longer working. It's saying to go to the play store & update :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

jgbyr wrote: »
    I see now that the version of tv24.co.uk provided by Keith186 is no longer working. It's saying to go to the play store & update :-(

It's fine just update it. You can go between England andIreland on it.

Edit:forget what I said, you can only pick sky Ireland or freesat

deco nate wrote: »
    It's fine just update it. You can go between England andIreland on it.

Edit:forget what I said, you can only pick sky Ireland or freesat

I don't even see the Irish channels when you choose sky Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

jgbyr wrote: »
    I don't even see the Irish channels when you choose sky Ireland.
    Yea they f-d it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the entertainment.ie app seem to have the progamme times all wrong?

TV24.co.uk now has Saorview again.

Advertisement