Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia S swont turned on/connect

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi, my phone stopped working for no apparent reason. I have photos and videos of my babies that I really want to get back. the phone was working when i put it in my pocket. 2 hrs later it is off and wont turn on. when i try to charge it, it doesnt charge and when i connect to the PC it is recognised (but with errors) and i cant see the internal drive.
    any ideas how to fix it or even just to get the photo/video files from it??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

think if you hold the volume button in the up position and the power button together it should start after a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

blues2 wrote: »
    Hi, my phone stopped working for no apparent reason. I have photos and videos of my babies that I really want to get back. the phone was working when i put it in my pocket. 2 hrs later it is off and wont turn on. when i try to charge it, it doesnt charge and when i connect to the PC it is recognised (but with errors) and i cant see the internal drive.
    any ideas how to fix it or even just to get the photo/video files from it??

thanks

Has the phone got an SD card? Surely most if not all of your pictures should be on it...

Google the model number of the phone and see can you access recovery mode on the phone.....

You may be able to access a factory reset on it.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Xperia S has no removable memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

thanks for the replies. nothing worked so left it back to shop for repair. they said it was water damaged (there is a colour marker on the back). although the phone was in my pocket so i dont know how that happened.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

think if you hold the volume button in the up position and the power button together it should start after a few seconds

Its volume down and the power button iirc.

OP, repair place is the worst idea tbh, chances are they'll wipe it deleting your images.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't suppose you used any cloud back up apps?

Advertisement