Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vid of Fender Factory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SG-Leper

Yeah I'm getting that too... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I'm getting that too now. Dont know what happened. Maybe the copywright owner got pissed off? Apparently it was shown last night on US TV on the Travel Channel with "Cliff" the postman from Cheers hosting.
    Basically it showed how big the plant is and featured an interview with the little old Mexican lady who has been winding the pick ups since 1956 (name escapes me)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

OK - it's back!

Watch it before it gets deleted again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That was pretty cool. Now where's the Ibanez factory video?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

the little old Mexican lady who has been winding the pick ups since 1956 (name escapes me)

Abigail Ybarra.

Goddamn I'm good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nice :)

"He wasn't a musician, he was a saxophone player" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Doctor J wrote:
    Nice :)

"He wasn't a musician, he was a saxophone player" :D
    Yeah, I caught that. Zing!

Interesting point by the tour guide, saying that the wood makes more of a difference to the sound than the electronics or pickups...

...or should we just let that particular can of worms lie :p

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    Interesting point by the tour guide, saying that the wood makes more of a difference to the sound than the electronics or pickups...

...or should we just let that particular can of worms lie :p

I'll just trust my ears and my experience that pickups makes one of the biggest differences to a guitar there is.

Ahh, but the same pickup in different guitars... does it sound the same? Discuss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

"Thats a $6000 piece of wood we cant use now!"

"Well....now its a $12000 piece of would"

Hilarious!

Doctor J wrote:
    Ahh, but the same pickup in different guitars... does it sound the same? Discuss ;)

Nope. Everything adds to the sound in a small or big way, but to say that the choice of wood makes a bigger difference than the pickups is a bit ridiculous. Maybe if we were talking about a plywood guitar compared to a mahogany one, there'd definetly be a big difference, but as big a difference as between Humbuckers and Single Coils? Hot or Vintage output? Tone Zone or JB? Naw...

To be honest, I do believe that the influence of the wood shouldn't be overlooked. Disregarding the pickups and electronics and just going on the acoustic properties of my basses (so there's no trem/hartdail discrepancies), the mahogany bodied wenge necked Ibanez is the least bright sounding by a long, long way. The two alder bodied Jazz basses are fairly simliar and the ash bodied bacchus is a lot brighter but also substantially louder. The difference unplugged between them all is remarkable. Plugged in, they all have different pickups so it's hard to say.

I have three mahogany bodied guitars with JBs in them and they all sound very, very different though their construction is different too.

I wouldn't agree that there is a single "biggest difference" factor though I wouldn't say wood has the least effect either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

nice video! the bass body the guy was holding in the custom shop is a custom shop reliced Jaco Pastorius signature! :rolleyes: i wish i had one :(

Just get a 62 reissue and play it. They're about €700 from Ishibashi. Then relic it the normal way, like Jaco: play it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

my '62 reissue was only 490 euros from ishi :p

Including shipping and taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

including shipping...;)

• Advertisement

heh heh heh... :D

Advertisement