Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildfire s won't let me put stuff on sd card

Options
  • 28-06-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I bought a new 16gb sd card but it won't let me move anything to it it just says nothing to move ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

bluugirl wrote: »
    I bought a new 16gb sd card but it won't let me move anything to it it just says nothing to move ?

What did you want to move?
    Not all apps will run from SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Well a few different ones (twitter,driving theory test,facebook)it won't let me move any of them I just got the phone new and I only downloaded about three and the memory is full already on the phone,its telling me to move them to sd card but they can't be moved now a system update downloaded and it can't install either and when i try to take a picture or go into messages it stops me using it and it keeps telling me to move stuff to sd card why is it saying this when I can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Update the software on your phone. Earlier versions of android wouldn't allow you to move apps. Your probably on an old version of android.
    You can also download an app called app2sd from the play store.

Update the software on your phone. Earlier versions of android wouldn't allow you to move apps. Your probably on an old version of android.
    You can also download an app called app2sd from the play store.

yeah but it won't let me install the update because theres not enough memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

delete what apps you have, you can reinstall them to the sd card after the update, there could be more than one update for your phone, so you may have to install 2 or 3 updates.

• Advertisement

delete what apps you have, you can reinstall them to the sd card after the update, there could be more than one update for your phone, so you may have to install 2 or 3 updates.

ok i'll do that

Ok I did that and I moved the apps I have that to the sd card, ones that came with the phone won't go to sd card so I still have very low memory for photos etc it says 150mb total 81.66mb avail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

bluugirl wrote: »
    Ok I did that and I moved the apps I have that to the sd card, ones that came with the phone won't go to sd card so I still have very low memory for photos etc it says 150mb total 81.66mb avail

you cant move the apps that came preloaded on the phone, only what you download yourself.

Advertisement